𝟬𝟭𝟳

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝟭𝟳
𝘪𝘯𝘤𝘩𝘦𝘴 𝘢𝘱𝘢𝘳𝘵

———

THE REST OF the party was a lot of fun. Maeve spent time with her family, and Phil was exceptionally tolerable; for the first time, she didn't want to slap him every time he talked.

It was long after midnight when the couple decided it was time to go. They were both too intoxicated to drive anywhere, so they decided that they would stay in a hotel for the night.

Maeve gestured to Phil that it was time to leave, and they both began saying their goodbyes to everyone who remained in the house. Maeve approached her parents to say goodbye, but Jane Mount had other plans.

"You and Phil can stay here." her mother insisted.

"No Mum, honestly, we'll go stay in the hotel up the road," Maeve said as she reached for her coat that had been hanging up earlier.

Jane would do all in her power to ensure that whatever she decided happened. The elder woman motioned to her husband to back her up here, which he did.

"It's too late to look for a hotel. You and Phil can stay up in your old bedroom."

Maeve sighed, her parents were the most tenacious individuals she'd ever encountered. The brunette turned to face Phil, who was distractedly conversing to Mason.

"Foden," she yelled, grabbing the attention of Phil and a few others around them, "We're going to stay here tonight." The lad smiled and began walking over to Maeve and her parents,

"Great, I'll have another beer then." He then entered the kitchen as Mason yelled for him to bring him one as well. Maeve's parents smiled as they ushered her back to the couch where they had all previously sat.

Jane and Tony were delighted to spend more time with their daughter, and Mason was persuaded to stay the night too with them. The brunette is fine with staying over, but not with Phil.

The group gradually shrank, and after an hour, just Maeve, Phil, her parents, Mason, and Charlotte remained. Everyone was getting tired and wanted to go upstairs to bed.

Maeve was the first to make her way upstairs, followed closely by Phil. She led him back into her old room and shut the door behind them. Phil got onto the bed and lay down as Maeve tried to kick her shoes off.

"It's a comfortable bed, Maevey," he muttered, closing his eyes as he laid on his back. "No, no, no," Maeve said as she looked across at him. "You can sleep on the floor."

His head shot up, swinging back and forth between Maeve and the hardwood floor. "I'll break my back sleeping on that floor," he protested, dismissing the thought of spending the night on a floor.

"That's your problem, Foden." Maeve said. After finally taking her shoes off, she said, "I'll get you a pillow and a blanket." As she walked over to the door, she heard Phil say sarcastically, "That's so thoughtful of you."

Maeve had left him in the room while she went to get him a blanket and pillow for the night. She came across Mason and Charlotte, who were also staying over and making their way to Mason's old room.