Tripwire Preview: Clayton's POV

November 29

He woke up with Martha wrapped around him. Her blonde hair fanned against his chest like liquid gold.

It was early morning, the brisk, low sunrise was streaming into the room. A trail of clothes were scattered across the room. The hypnotic song, I Only Have Eyes for You, played on the radio beside the bed.

Fuck! he was hungover as hell, his mind clouded as he rubbed his eyes, wincing at his surroundings.

His thoughts soon turned inward, reflecting while in his crapulous state.

They met at the Street Bar, the night he'd just arrived in the city. Clayton was drowning in his sorrows and Martha made her move like a bitch on heat, distracting him from calling an ex like a sulking teenager, crawling back after licking his wounds.

Fast forward, he'd been in Boston for months, moving from place to place until now. Clayton had gone from protecting the Ricasoli boy and that pregnant girl he was fucking to now watching the Clarke girl, studying her movements for Claudia.

With no signs of Booth fucking anywhere, Clayton spent many nights with a bottle of whiskey in hand, studying the girl's movements and social media pages like a true stalker.

She was perfect! He needed to her to get out of his head. Clayton needed a distraction and Martha was it: the sexually bored but very high-maintenance housewife who married a man fifteen years older for comfort, fun and some love...but mostly comfort.

They lived in Wellesley, a rich neighborhood, with three kids and a dog. Old money roots like Clayton's family back in Dallas.

He quickly looked into the husband after the first night they spend together. Eric Michael Konechny: Big tycoon type who had a daughter from a previous marriage. Eric had a clean record, maybe a little gambling debt but never was home. Typical workaholic, keeping his family financially secure while turning a blind eye towards his wife's "extra activities." That didn't bother Clayton one bit, knowing he was keeping Martha fully satisfied without the jealousy. He rather enjoyed being the paramour or gigolo at the start: he preferred it.

For the moment, Martha was the current woman whom frequently warmed his bed whenever he needed a fix. He had to admit that married pussy hit different. It did excited him at the start, but it wasn't sustainable...now he's almost bored of it.

On top of everything, Clayton had noticed green eyes had been watching him from across the street ever since they rented the current place.

She saw Martha come over late last night. She watched as he lead her into the house.

What does it matter?....

He hated that Daniel and Sam heckled him as they drank and played poker under the cloud of cigarette smoke in the living room. It got louder when Clayton's bedroom door closed behind them.

His temper flared even more when Sam blasted "Let's get on" by Marvin Gaye from Spotify.

Clayton was trying to get laid. Everyone was annoying him.

Why did he care if she saw him with another woman? He just turned twenty-seven years old, she's turning seventeen for fuck sake. She's way too young for him ! His thoughts spat their venom.