Defending Jar Jar Binks

Yes, yes, I know what you're all thinking: why the heck would anyone defend Jar Jar?

Well, I'll admit it: I think Jar Jar is a fun character! I just think Lucas used him wrong.

Call me a fake Star Wars fan, but I don't care! It's my job to defend misunderstood characters! He was too big of a part in Episodes I to III, but if he had been more of a comic relief in the story no one would've said anything.

Here's what I think.

• Jar Jar should not have been a huge character, but instead he should have been a funny sidekick in Episode I. Notice how I only mentioned The Phantom Menace. He should not have been in the other two movies.
I think Lucas made a big mistake making Jar Jar a senator and all that jazz. Jar Jar is supposed to be the Abu of the group, the comic relief. No, I did not just call Jar Jar a monkey. Well, I kinda did, but that's beside the point. ;)

• He really didn't fit into a huge trilogy, but we have to remember that this is a kids' movie! It's got that PG rating for a reason. Star Wars is meant for families. The fact that people of all ages can enjoy it is amazing! I agree that Jar Jar was a little bit too dumb at times, but kids find it funny, right?

• Jar Jar does some incredibly stupid things, but so does George Lucas. Haha, just kidding!
He may be a klutz, but this leads us back to my previous point: it's a kids' movie! It may not seem like it at times, but it is. A professionally trained warrior ewok hit himself with his own weapon in Episode VI, so why can't Jar Jar kill dozens of droids with a gun stuck to his foot?
...okay, that sounds a little weird when you say it out loud, but it's a sci-fi universe! Let it be!

I agree with many people out there when they say they want it to be more serious and intense. Heck, when that ewok hit himself I sighed on the inside because I was trying to watch that epic battle scene. I just had to remind myself that it is indeed a family movie. Jar Jar is a great character, he was just misused. Plus, he talks funny. It's pretty hilarious. :D

Like the meme says, at least he's not a freaking sparkly vampire...

Do you guys like my defending characters series? Which character in your favourite fandom do you feel is misunderstood? :D

Also, I'm sick and tired of Wattpad and its updates. They're so glitchy. Wattpad is rearranging the order of my chapters. My last chapter, Defending Peeta Mellark, is somewhere in the middle of my book and I can't put it in its rightful space!
*sigh* Sorry for my little rant. I'm just over it. If someone made an alternative website to Wattpad, I kid you not, I would consider moving to it. But for now we're just going to have to deal with the arrogant creators of Wattpad. -_-