Ch. 38

Aurelia's heart raced as the sound of growls filled the air, echoing from every direction. 

"The Great Alpha goes nowhere,"

Aurelia's eyes landed on Willa, the rest of the werewolves standing proudly behind her.

Damian's smirk wavered as he glanced between the werewolves and Zed. The situation had taken an unexpected turn, and he seemed less confident now.

Zed's gaze remained fixed on Damian, his posture still defensive.

The growls grew louder, a collective display of unity and strength from the werewolves. Damian found himself surrounded by a pack of supernatural beings who were ready to protect their own.

Willa's voice held an unwavering authority as she continued, "You're outnumbered, and you won't get what you want tonight. Leave now, and we won't pursue you."

Damian assessed the situation, realizing that he was trapped and outmatched. His smirk had vanished, replaced by a look of frustration and defeat.

Zed's green glow began to fade as his emotions settled, returning to his more human appearance. He didn't let his guard down, but his shoulders relaxed slightly. With Willa and the other werewolves at their side, they had a fighting chance.

Damian hesitated for a moment longer, his eyes locked onto Aurelia's. "I'm not leaving without her."

Aurelia's heart raced as she watched the tense standoff between Damian, Zed, and the werewolves. The growls continued to fill the air, a constant reminder of the supernatural forces at play.

Willa's expression remained resolute. "She's a wolf, even if you do catch her- her body will reject you. "

"What are you going on about?" Damian's frustration was evident as he clenched his fists, his gaze flickering between Aurelia and the werewolves.

"Werewolves don't date- they mate. It's all about will, with no will and, I assume, no control- there is no mating," Willa explained with a firm tone.

Aurelia froze at the new information, Damian however seemed undetered. Damian's determination was unwavering.

"I don't care about your rules and rituals. She's mine, and I won't leave without her."

Aurelia could feel the tension in the air, the standoff reaching a critical point. She knew she had to do something, say something, to defuse the situation.

"Don't you get it? I'm not yours- I'll never be yours."

Damian's eyes locked onto Aurelia, his expression hardening. "You don't get to decide that."

Aurelia felt a surge of anger and defiance, fueled by the support of Zed and the werewolves around her. "Actually, I do. I decide who I belong to, and it will never be you." Her voice was strong, unwavering, as she took a step forward, facing Damian head-on.

Willa and the werewolves growled in unison, backing up Aurelia’s words with their presence and power.

Zed’s eyes met Aurelia’s, and she saw a flash of pride and admiration in his gaze before he turned back to Damian, his stance firm. “You heard her. Leave. Now.”

Damian looked around at the circle of werewolves, Zed, and Aurelia, his frustration and anger giving way to realization. His face twisted with rage, and for a moment, it looked like he might lash out. But then, his expression changed, settling into a cold, calculated smirk. "This isn't over, Aurelia. You can surround yourself with all the werewolves and zombies in the world, but it won't change anything. I will have you." With that, he turned and swiftly disappeared into the night.

The tension in the air slowly dissipated as the werewolves relaxed, their growls fading away. Willa gave Aurelia a nod of approval before she and the rest of the pack melted away into the darkness, leaving Aurelia and Zed alone.

Aurelia’s legs gave out beneath her, and she would have fallen if Zed hadn’t quickly stepped forward to catch her. “Hey, hey, it’s okay. You’re safe now,” he whispered, his arms wrapping around her in a protective embrace.

Aurelia allowed herself to lean into him, her body trembling from the adrenaline and emotional turmoil. “Im sorry, Im so sorry Zed,” she whispered back, her voice choked with tears.

Zed pulled back slightly, his hands cupping her face as he looked into her eyes. “Hey, hey, it's okay. You're okay, were okay."

"I lied to you and I'm sorry, I'm so sorry."

Zed shook his head, taking her face in his hands, "I know you didn't want things to happen this way, Ari. And yeah, you should've told me about who you are. But right now, I don't care ,"

"But Zed,"

"I don't care- all I care about is you."

And he pulled his face to hers, his lips brushing hers softly.