Ch. 3

She ran her fingers over the familiar ribbon.

She had worn the ribbon everyday since she was born, it being her mother's before her.

But it was different now, it had been enchanted to mask her snow white hair.

Sighing, she tied the ribbon into her hair. Her white hair converting into a dirty blonde.

"You look beautiful," Her mother's voice rang out, catching Aurelia off guard.

Her eyes caught sight of ornate mirror with a gold frame.

"You startled me."

"I'm sorry. I wanted to check up on you." Queen Belle smiled at her daughter through the mirror.

"How do you feel?"

Aurelia turned away from the mirror and walked towards the bed, sitting down. She rested her chin on her knees. "I'm scared," she admitted. "I've never been away from home."

"My sweet girl," Belle said from the other side of the mirror, "you are so brave. You're always so courageous and kind. Even when others have doubted your kindness, you continue to love them unconditionally. Don't forget that."

"You say the nicest things," Aurelia smiled.

"Of course I do, my little rose." She gave her daughter a tender smile. "But even so, don't forget why you're doing this. Remember that, and remember that I love you no matter what."

With that, the mirror shuttered into blackness.

"Your majesty, you're going to be late." Lumiere said, popping his head into her room.

Aurelia nodded, standing up from her chair. "Thanks, Lumière." She started towards the door.

The sun shone brightly outside, the heat radiating against her skin. Aurelia gulped in air, breathing deeply to calm herself.

Seabrook was the chosen destination for her temporary exile, far away from the watchful eyes of potential threats. Aurelia had never been to Seabrook before; the mere mention of the place in recent years sent shivers down the spines of Auradon's citizens.

Aurelia's eyes scanned the streets of Seabrook as she made her way towards her new school.

Seabrook was unlike anything Aurelia had ever seen. The city's architecture was a stark contrast to the grandeur of Auradon, with its practical and straightforward design. It had a certain charm, a gritty determination that ran through the streets.

Aurelia had been given a new identity for her safety - she was now Ari, a transfer student. The ribbon in her hair hid her true identity well, giving her a semblance of anonymity.

As she entered the school, she noticed the curious glances from her fellow students. It was clear that Ari's arrival was the talk of the day. People whispered, speculated, and stole furtive glances in her direction.

Aurelia navigated the hallways with a mix of nervousness and determination. She had to make this work; her safety depended on blending in. She found her way to her first class, History, and took a seat.

Aurelia stared around the classroom, observing the few faces present. Unlike Seabrook's architectural style, Auradon's schools were opulent and elegant, with marble floors and gilded fixtures. The classroom felt oppressively large compared to the elegant classrooms of Auradon Prep.

She pulled out her notebook and began to scribble away. As the teacher droned on about some boring old thing or another, she listened quietly, drawing the history lesson in her notebook.

She heard a giggle from beside her and she met the eyes of a girl with dark eyes and green hair.

"Hey there," She said, gesturing for Aurelia to join her at her desk.

Aurelia stood up and sat down next to the girl. Her blue eyes widened slightly when she caught sight of the band on her arm.

"You're a zombie." Aurelia breathed out slowly, watching the girl's face.

The green haired girl smiled at her, "I'm Eliza."

Aurelia offered a friendly smile in return. "Pleasure to meet you, Eliza. I'm Ari."

"Yeah?" The two girls chatted casually, and soon enough, Ari realized how relaxed she felt talking to Eliza. They talked about nothing and everything; Ari found it easy to open up to the green haired girl.