Ch. 24

Aurelia couldn't help the smile that slipped onto her face as she caught sight of Zed standing in the foyer of her home.

"Do you ever sleep Zombie-boy?" She tease, Zed gave her a sheepish grin.

"Sleep is overrated when there's something, or someone, worth staying awake for," Zed replied, his grin widening as he saw the blush rise on Aurelia's cheeks.

Aurelia chuckled, her heart fluttering at his words, even as she felt the weight of her secrets pressing on her. "What brings you here so early, Zed?" she asked, trying to keep her voice steady.

"There's something I want to show you," Zed answered, his eyes sparkling with excitement. "I think it'll take your mind off everything that's going on."

Aurelia's curiosity was piqued, and any reservations she had about spending time with Zed were momentarily pushed aside. "Show me? Show me what?" she asked, her interest evident in her voice.

"It's a surprise," Zed said with a mysterious smile. "But I promise, it's worth it. Do you trust me?"

Aurelia hesitated for a moment, her heart and mind at war with each other. Trusting Zed meant opening herself up to potential heartbreak and risk, but there was something about him that made her want to take that leap of faith. Finally, she nodded, "Yes, I trust you."

Zed's smile widened, and he held out his hand to her. "Great, let's go then."

Aurelia took a deep breath, placed her hand in his, and allowed herself to be led out of her home and into the unknown. As they walked, she couldn't help but feel a sense of excitement and anticipation, mixed with a nagging worry about the secrets she was keeping.

After a while, they arrivearrivthe entrance for Zombie Town. He led her down the streets until he pulled her into a building.

She looked around in awe, "What is this place?"

"It's a Zombie Light Garden," He smiled at her, "a place where we can enjoy the beauty of light and colors, even in the darkness of Zombie Town. I wanted to bring you here to share something special with you."

The garden was filled with glowing lights of various colors, arranged in intricate patterns and shapes. The lights seemed to dance and twinkle, creating a mesmerizing display. Aurelia was captivated by the beauty of it all, momentarily forgetting her worries.

"It's beautiful," she whispered, her eyes wide with wonder.

"I thought you might like it," Zed said, watching her reaction closely. "I know things have been crazy lately, and I wanted to do something to make you smile."

Aurelia turned to him, touched by his thoughtfulness. "Thank you, Zed. This means a lot to me."

Zed gave her a gentle smile. "You mean a lot to me, Ari. I just want you to be happy."

Aurelia felt a warm glow in her chest, and she realized that, despite her secrets and fears, she was genuinely happy in this moment. She squeezed Zed's hand, grateful for his presence and the beautiful experience he had shared with her.

"Come on, let me show you my favorite part," Zed said, leading her deeper into the light garden.

As they walked hand in hand, Aurelia knew that she would have to face her secrets and fears eventually. But for now, she allowed herself to be fully present in the moment, enjoying the beauty of the lights and the company of someone who cared about her.

Zed led Aurelia through the winding paths of the light garden, the soft glow of the lights casting a magical ambiance around them. The colors shifted and changed as they walked, creating a kaleidoscope of beauty that left Aurelia breathless.

Finally, they reached a secluded spot in the garden, where the lights converged to create a stunning display of shimmering colors. The lights here seemed to dance to a rhythm of their own, casting a warm and inviting glow.

"This is my favorite part," Zed said, his voice soft. "It's the heart of the garden, where all the lights come together to create something truly beautiful."

Aurelia looked around in awe, feeling a sense of peace and wonder wash over her. "It's incredible, Zed. I've never seen anything like it."

Zed smiled, pleased that she liked it. "I come here whenever I need to clear my head or find some peace. It's my little sanctuary."

Aurelia looked at him, touched by his willingness to share this special place with her. "I'm honored that you brought me here," she said sincerely.

Zed's eyes met hers, and for a moment, they were locked in a silent communication, their eyes conveying more than words ever could. Finally, Zed broke the silence. "There's something I've been wanting to tell you, Aurelia."

Aurelia felt her heart start to beat faster, a mixture of anticipation and nervousness flooding through her. "Zed-"

He cut her off, his voice filled with a mix of determination and vulnerability. "No, let me say this, please," Zed interrupted gently, his eyes locked onto hers, as if pleading for understanding. The coolness of his hand in hers was a steady presence, grounding her. "I know we haven't known each other for very long, and there's still so much left to discover. But there's something about you, about us-"

"Zed stop." She held her breath, her heart pounding in her chest, "I'm sorry Zed," She pulled her hand away from his, her voice quivering as she struggled to maintain her composure. "I can't, I just... I can't."

Zed's face crumpled, a deep sense of disappointment and hurt flashing in his eyes.

"I- I should- I should go," Aurelia stuttered, her eyes brimming with unshed tears. She turned away from Zed, unable to bear the hurt in his eyes.

"Wait, Ari," Zed reached out, his voice desperate. "Please, just talk to me. What's going on?"

"I'm sorry." Aurelia's voice was barely a whisper as she spoke, her heart breaking with every word. She took a step back, putting more distance between herself and Zed. "I can't explain right now, just... just trust me, it's for the best."

Zed stood there, his hand hanging in the air, as he watched her retreat. "Ari, you can trust me," he said earnestly. "Whatever it is, we can figure it out together."

Aurelia shook her head, tears now streaming down her face. "I wish it were that simple," she said, her voice choked with emotion. "But it's not. I have to deal with this on my own."

With that, she turned and fled from the light garden, leaving Zed standing alone amidst the twinkling lights, a look of heartbreak and confusion on his face.

As she ran, Aurelia felt a mix of relief and sorrow. She knew she had hurt Zed, but she also knew that she had to protect him from the secrets she carried. She only hoped that one day he would understand why she had to walk away.

A Princess and A Zombie (A Z-O-M-B-I-E-S and Descendants AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें