Ch. 23

Eliza bid her goodnight and left, Aurelia's thoughts continued to race.

Aurelia paced restlessly in her room, her mind consumed by the constant thoughts that plagued her.

She found herself yearning for something that neither her friend nor Lumiere could provide-answers.

With a heavy heart and a mind filled with uncertainties, Aurelia stood before the enchanted mirror, seeking her father's guidance. As she gazed into the reflective surface, the image of King Adam watched her intently.

"One of them said, 'Are you sure she's the Great Alpha?'" Aurelia divulged, her voice tinged with a mix of desperation and hope. "And Willa, their leader I told you about, said yes."

Her father's brows furrowed, an expression of deep contemplation etched across his face. "Are you sure they used that title specifically?" he inquired, his curiosity piqued.

Aurelia's conviction shone through as she responded firmly, "I'm positive."

Then, a revelation tumbled from King Adam's lips, surprising Aurelia and widening her eyes in astonishment. "When I was the Beast, I was also referred to as the 'Great Alpha'," he confessed.

Aurelia's mind whirled with questions, her thirst for knowledge growing with each revelation. "You were called the 'Great Alpha' when you were the Beast? By who? I thought no one knew of your castle because of the curse."

King Adam sighed and leaned back in his chair, his gaze fixed on his daughter's troubled expression. "It's a long and complicated story, my dear," he began, his voice tinged with a hint of nostalgia. "When I was cursed and transformed into the Beast, the world outside our kingdom did not know of our existence. However, there were whispers and legends that spread among those who lived in the nearby villages."

Aurelia listened intently, her curiosity piqued. "What kind of legends, Father?"

"Legends of a fierce and powerful creature that ruled over a hidden castle," King Adam explained. "The villagers didn't know the specifics, but they referred to the creature as the 'Great Alpha' because of its dominance and strength.It's a title that's been used for powerful leaders within the supernatural community. It's not a common title, and it carries a lot of weight and responsibility. Those who bear it are often seen as protectors and leaders among their kind." Aurelia absorbed this information, her mind racing with new questions.

"So, what does it mean for me? Why would the werewolves think I'm the Great Alpha?"

"We knew when you were born with white hair, we knew that the curse that made me the beast also affected you," King Adam explained. "But we didn't understand the full extent of its impact until now."

"I don't understand," She shook her head, "they think I know where this stone- a Moonstone is." King Adam sighed deeply, his eyes filled with concern.

"The Moonstone is a powerful artifact, an ancient crystal that is used as a power source by the Werewolves." He explained, "Werewolves have small pieces of the moonstone embedded into necklaces, that have to be recharged or they will die. If the werewolves believe you're the Great Alpha and that you hold knowledge of the Moonstone, it means they see you as the one who can lead them to it. You might have a unique connection to this stone because of the curse's influence on you."

"But how would they know?"

Aurelia's mind raced as she tried to connect the dots. "Werewolves have their own folklore and traditions, and it wouldn't be surprising if they draw parallels between their own legends and our family's story. Possibly a prophecy, foretelling the appearance of a Great Alpha who could guide them to the Moonstone," King Adam answered. Aurelia ran her hands over her face, stress evident in her voice.