Ch. 2

"Yet another attempt to kidnap the crown princess, Aurelia," the reporter's voice echoed through the room, "This marks the third kidnapping attempt in the year since the barrier's fall."

The television was switched off abruptly, leaving the young man in the room visibly burdened. He buried his face in his hands, his body trembling.

"Hey, I'm fine," Aurelia's soft voice echoed their mother's soothing tone from their childhood.

"This time. But what about the next?" He lifted his head, his periwinkle eyes locking with hers.

"Who's to say there will be a next time?" Aurelia responded, raising an eyebrow.

"How am I supposed to protect an entire kingdom if I can't even protect my little sister?" Ben's face disappeared into his hands once more.

"He kidnapped you during our wedding, Aurelia," Mal chimed in, her violet eyes filled with intensity. "He's audacious."

"And persistent," Ben added, his voice heavy with despair.

Aurelia reached out to place a comforting hand on her brother's shoulder. "Ben, you've done everything in your power to keep me safe. You can't blame yourself for Damian's actions."

Aurelia proposed a solution that had been on her mind, "The Briar Rose Protocol."

Mal's curiosity piqued, "What's the Briar Rose Protocol?"

"It's a protocol where a royal, especially a princess, goes into hiding for their safety," Aurelia explained.

Ben immediately dismissed the idea. "Absolutely not."

Mal's eyes widened, "Are you suggesting you go into hiding?"

Aurelia nodded solemnly. "Yes, temporarily."

"But how can we ensure your safety if you're out there alone? Damian won't rest until he finds you," Ben pleaded with his wife. "Tell her how irrational this is."

Mal, however, agreed with Aurelia. "I think she's right, Ben."

"No," Ben protested. "Aurelia needs to be here. I can't protect her if she's not around."

"I can take care of myself, Ben," Aurelia retorted. "You can't govern a kingdom if you're constantly worried about me."

Ben couldn't argue with her logic. "I just... I can't bear the thought of you out there alone, vulnerable."

"I won't be alone," Aurelia reassured. "Do you really think Dad would let me leave Auradon unaccompanied?"

Lumiere, Ben whispered the name of their father's most loyal servant, assigned to protect Aurelia.

After their births, King Adam had assigned his most trusted servants to each of his children. Cogsworth was assigned to Ben, the eldest and heir, while Lumiere protected Aurelia, the youngest and only daughter.

Ben sighed, caught between his sister and wife. He was against the idea of Aurelia hiding, but he understood the logic. "Alright," he agreed, his voice a mere whisper. "We'll initiate the Briar Rose Protocol."

Aurelia offered a reassuring smile, reaching out to squeeze Ben's hand. "I promise, I'll stay safe."

"I know you will," Ben replied, managing a small smile. "Because if you don't, I'll have to come after you, and you know how much I hate traveling."

Their words brought a moment of lightheartedness, alleviating the tension. Despite the danger, their unbreakable bond as a family gave them strength. They were a team, ready to face any challenge.

Yet, the time had come to inform their parents. Aurelia stood up, her gaze steady and determined. "We should probably go and inform Mom and Dad."

The room fell silent once more as the weight of their decision sank in. The Crown Princess was about to go into hiding, and the entire Kingdom would await her safe return.

A Princess and A Zombie (A Z-O-M-B-I-E-S and Descendants AU)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें