Ch. 29

The familiar scent of home enveloped Aurelia as she stepped inside, her emotions still a tempestuous sea, threatening to spill over. The house was quiet, a stark contrast to the storm brewing inside her. She needed someone to talk to, someone who could help her navigate through the tumultuous waves of her emotions. And there was only one person she could think of.

"Are you ready to go?" Lumiere's voice interrupted her thoughts, his familiar face appearing in the doorway.

Aurelia sighed, nodding. "Yes."

He furrowed his brow, "Are you okay?"

Aurelia attempted to muster a reassuring smile, but her emotions were too raw, too overwhelming to hide. "I... I don't know," she admitted, her voice quivering.

Lumiere stepped forward, concern etched across his face. "What happened?" he asked gently, sensing her turmoil.

Aurelia shook her head, trying to gather her thoughts. 'I ran into Addison. We argued about Zed, and... and I admitted something I wasn't ready to admit." Her words trailed off.

Lumiere's expression softened, and he reached out, placing a reassuring hand on her shoulder. "It's okay, Aurelia. You can talk to me about anything. You know that, right?"

Aurelia nodded, grateful for Lumiere's unwavering support. "I know. It's just... complicated."

Lumiere gave her a warm smile, "Life usually is complicated, especially when it comes to matters of the heart. But sometimes, saying things out loud, admitting them to ourselves and to others, can bring a sense of clarity. So, if you want to talk about it, I'm here to listen."

Aurelia took a deep breath, her heart still racing from the confrontation with Addison and the unexpected confession of her feelings for Zed. She looked into Lumiere's kind eyes, finding a sense of comfort and safety.

"I appreciate it Lumi... But right now I just want to get back to Auradon."

Aurelia's admission was like a weight lifted off her chest, yet it brought a new heaviness of realization and vulnerability. Lumiere, sensing her need for space and understanding, nodded gently.

"Alright, Aurelia. We'll head back to Auradon. And remember, whenever you're ready to talk, I'll be here for you."

With that, they made their way to the car that would take them back to Auradon. The journey, usually filled with chatter and laughter, was silent this time, as Aurelia was lost in her thoughts, grappling with her emotions and the information wolves had given her.

Lumiere respected her silence, giving her the space she needed, all while ensuring she knew he was there for her. He could see the internal battle she was going through and understood the importance of patience and support in moments like these.

As they arrived in Auradon, Aurelia felt a mixture of relief and trepidation. She was back in familiar territory, but with her newly admitted feelings, everything seemed different, more intense. She knew she couldn't avoid Zed forever, but she also knew she needed time to process everything on her own terms.

"Thank you, Lumiere," Aurelia said as they parted ways, her voice laced with gratitude.

"Anytime, Aurelia. Remember, you're not alone in this," Lumiere replied, giving her a reassuring smile.

Aurelia nodded, mustering a small smile in return, and made her way up the cobblestone to the castle she called home. She could hear her bedroom calling to her.

As she settled in, Aurelia realized that while the admission of her feelings had brought turmoil, it had also brought a strange sense of clarity. She loved Zed. The realization was undeniable now, and with it came a determination to navigate through her emotions and find a way to reconcile her duty with her heart.