Ch. 19

Aurelia sauntered onto the makeshift stage they had made for karaoke.

"Insecure in her skin" Her eyes landed on him, his long hair cascading down his back. "Like a puppet, a girl on a string."

"Broke away, learned to fly" Her piercing blue eyes met his warm brown, "If you want her back, gotta let her shine."

Jay shifted uncomfortably.

"That's my girl!" His head whipped in the direction of the voice, finding a green haired boy with a wide grin.

Aurelia's friend from earlier was at his side, "Could you tone it down a bit?"

Aurelia continued, "So it looks like the joke's on you," Her voice carried through the room, capturing the attention of everyone present. "Cause the girl you thought you knew..."

"She's so gone!" Cheers echoed throughout Zombie Town, "That's so over now."

Jay watched as she glanced at the green haired zombie-boy, anger welling up in hid chest.

"She's so gone,"

Her gaze turned back to him, narrowing as she followed his gaze.

"You won't find her around,"

She stepped off of the makeshift stage, heading straight for him.

"You can look but you won't see, the girl I used to be,"

She stopped right in front of him.

"'Cause she, she's so gone."

Zed looked at the pair curiously, "What's she doing?" He asked Eliza.

"That's Jay."

Zed's face fell.

"Here I am, this is me, and I'm stronger than you ever thought I'd be."

They could feel everyone's eyes on them.

"Are you shocked? Are you mad? That you're missing out on who I really am,"

She stepped backwards, putting distance between them.

"Now it looks like the joke's on you, 'cause, the girl that you thought you knew..."

His body trembled under her stare.

"She's so gone."

And she was right, his Aurelia never had this confidence.

"That's so over now. She's so gone, you won't find her around."

She stepped closer again, her voice filled with conviction. "You can look but you won't see, the girl I used to be, cause she..."

She stepped all the way back, a genuine smile on her face, "She's so gone away like history."

"She's so gone,"

"Baby, this is me, yeah" And she turned away from him.

"She's so gone,"

She made her way back towards the makeshift stage, "That's so over now,"

Zed's eyes met hers and she have him a reassuring smile.

"She's so gone,"

"You won't find her around," She put the microphone back onto its stand, gripping it tightly.

"You can look but you won't see, the girl I used to be, 'cause she..."

Zed made his way towards Jay, whose eyes were glued to Aurelia

"She's so gone," Aurelia sang with a finality, her voice resounding through the room, "Gone, gone, gone."

Jay, stood frozen in his spot, his emotions a whirlwind of confusion, regret, and realization. He had lost her, and it was entirely his own fault. The girl he once knew, the girl he had taken for granted, was truly gone.

Zed stopped in front.ofJay, his gaze serious. "You hurt her," he said, his voice low but firm.

"I know," Jay whispered, his voice filled with remorse.

"I won't make that mistake." Zed stated firmly, his eyes burning with determination. "I won't let her down like you did."

Jay swallowed hard, nodding slowly. "I get it," he responded, his voice barely audible. "Just... just take care of her, okay?"

Zed nodded, "I will. She deserves nothing less."

As Jay watched Zed walk away, he realized the gravity of his actions and the pain he had caused Aurelia. It was a bitter pill to swallow, knowing that he had lost her for good, but seeing her shine on stage, he understood that it was what she needed-to be free from the restraints he had unknowingly placed on her.

Aurelia, now surrounded by her friends, laughed genuinely, her eyes sparkling.

Zed joined her, wrapping an arm around her shoulders, and she leaned into him, a content smile on her face.

Jay turned away, his heart heavy, but he knew deep down that this was how things were meant to be.