Young Warmth - Smokescreen x human!reader

Let's see if you guys can spot the reference from my fav childhood movie

---------

• (Y/n) = Your name •

• (S/n) = Sibling name •

---------

𝗡𝗼𝘄 𝗽𝗹𝗮𝘆𝗶𝗻𝗴:

"Shawn Mendes - Youth ft. Khalid"
00:06 ●────────── 02:48

⇆ㅤ ㅤ◁ㅤ ❚❚ ㅤ▷ ㅤㅤ↻

---------

"Your warmth is like a fire

In cold winter's night,

Without it,

I shiver through the night,

You're the fire that I need."

- Nida Mahmoed -

---------

"Grow up."

"...what?"

"I said grow up, (Y/n)!" your older sibling shouted at you, "We're not kids anymore, stop asking me about that stupid ice skating already!"

"But-- we do this every year during winter!" you argued back, "It's like a tradition!"

"Well, not anymore, you and I are adults now, you should start acting like one too."

"Since when did you become so boring?!" you angrily asked.

"I moved on from those childish games long ago, (Y/n)! They are not interesting to me anymore, alright?! They are foolish and a waste of time, I have better things to do!"

"Fine!" you grabbed your ice skates and shoved them inside your backpack which then you threw over your shoulder, "I'm going by myself! Have 'fun' with your dull adulthood life!" you yelled at your sibling before slamming the door shut. Your boots stomped on the crunching snow as you began walking towards the frozen lake you used to go to with your family, "Who do they think they are?! 'Oh, look I'm (S/n)! I'm an adult now! You should be doing that too, you need to be more responsible and mature for your age!'" you mimicked their voice and grunted. You hated to hear those words more than anything. You got sick of people telling you to act more like an adult than a child.

Adulthood is as boring as watching paint dry. It drove you nuts. What's wrong with acting young from time to time? It wouldn't hurt anyone! You couldn't keep being boring till you die! You buried half of your face inside your scarf as you continued to grumble under your warm breath, hands buried inside the pockets of your thick jacket. Who needs them anyway?! You could go and chill alone, at least no one will complain and bother you all the time while you skated. You would be perfectly fine by yourself.