I looked into the future. I saw the same visions of before. Me laughing and smiling. Except this time Qibli was there. He had his arm wrapped around my waist.

It all made sense. This earring blocked my senses. Allowing his thoughts and future hide from my abilities.

Resulting in me thinking he died. I sighed and layed down staring at the sky.

My heart was pounding and Qibli hovered over me worryingly.

"I couldn't see your future! I couldn't hear your thoughts! I came here and you weren't in sight. I thought you died." I said quietly.

That's what she looks like when she loses someone.

He remembered the scene.

He had went back to camp. They told him I was missing. In fear he ran back in the direction of where the Skywings retreated. When he heard my screams
he thought I was being tortured. Then Qibli saw me.

Arms wrapped around my stomach. Eyes squeezed closed. Screaming a horrible, painful, animal like scream. Tears pooling out of my eyes.

The fear that overwhelmed his body.

I better not, ever die. I can't put her though this pain.

I sat up and hugged him. "Don't ever die Qibli." I whispered.

I checked the futures frequently still not sure he's really here.

I leaned my forehead on his. "I thought you were dead." we both whispered simultaneously.

Qibli smiled. "It's ok Moon. I'm here." he whispered. I nodded and pressed my lips to his. It was a gentle and calm kiss.

We pulled apart after a short moment and walked back to camp. I wouldn't let go of his hand. Side effect of believing he was dead.

Kinkajou and Deathbringer paced our tent nervously. Relief flooded their faces when they saw us.

I explained what had happened. Right as I finished my explanation father started speaking.

"I know we lost some soldiers today. But we won our battle. All fallen soldiers are deeply respected. But all of you may go home until our next battle." Morrowseer shouted to us.

We took a moment of silence for our lost people.

I turned to Qibli. "Where is home?" I asked him.

He understood. For me home wasn't the desert, but it wasn't back at the Nightwing village either. He had similar thoughts.

"Wherever we make it. But for now we should probably go to Sandwing or Nightwing." Qibli said. I nodded.

Sandwing it is. I would like to meet Qibli's family.

"I want to go to Sandwing. Going back to Nightwing. It wouldn't be the same without mother." I replied. Qibli grabbed my hand.

"Sandwing it is."

"*"

- Qibli

We were arriving at the Sandwing palace in less than a day later.

Hundreds of people gathered around to see their prince return home. It made me uncomfortable.

At the end of the courtyard I saw Thorn and Sunny.

I smiled and ran to them. Thorn threw her arms around me happily.

"I knew you would make it back!" she exclaimed. I smiled and hugged Sunny.

"Qibli! Thank goodness you are back!" Sunny said joyfully.

Thorn's happy expression dropped. "Guards! There is a Nightwing! Seize her!" she shouted immediately.