𝟖 ~ 𝗟𝗲𝘁𝘁𝗶𝗻𝗴 𝗚𝗼

🖤ZEREMY'S POV 🖤

"You ready? If you're not, let's just take a bit of time."

Steven led the way, and I walked behind him, feeling both nervous and anxious but 100% prepared to face the truth. I took a deep breath and steeled my nerves to face the boss and the Gallery's director. I had to be ready to accept any consequences, both good and bad, that may come my way, but I was prepared to face them head-on, even if it meant sacrificing my job and leaving the place that I had called home for the last several months.

I felt a sense of unease and apprehension, but I was determined to confront the reality of the situation and take responsibility for my actions. I had to be fucking honest and face the consequences, no matter how hard that may be.

Come on, Zeremy. Keep it together.

I took another step inside, feeling more than a little anxious and nervous but determined to fulfill my task. That's when Steven grabbed my hand, causing my heart to skip a beat. His touch was something I had long been dreaming about, something that caused a flutter in my heart and a wave of warmth throughout my body. The thought of pulling Steven close or pinning him against the wall crossed my mind as a potential method of boosting my confidence and soothing my nerves, but I knew that doing so in the current time and place would be a grave mistake.

He squeezed my hand gently, attempting to comfort me before offering me a reassuring smile and puppy eyes. His actions were not lost on me, and I could sense his support despite the silence that existed between us at that moment. Turning to face him, I felt a surge of confusion and uncertainty, wondering why he had prevented me from continuing forth.

Why would he want to stop me when I was ready to reveal the truth?

"What?" My voice tinged with a hint of annoyance. I wanted to go by myself, and Steven had no right to interfere with my decisions or plans.

"What?" He mimicked.

I clicked my tongue in annoyance and released Steven's hand, feeling frustrated by his interference with my plans. I was more than capable of taking care of myself, and I did not need his help or guidance.

"Look. I am more than capable of handling the situation myself." I said sharply, my head held high and my determination and fire brewing within my heart.

A sense of annoyance and desperation rose within me as Steven continued to reject my pleas and instead insisted on accompanying me. I still wanted to face the truth and reveal the situation myself, but Steven's stubbornness forced me to capitulate. Although I didn't want him there, he would come along, and we would face the boss and Gallery's director together.

"No, Zere. Not on your own. You've been by my side for such a long time as my gift shop companion. I intend to stand up for you and to give you the support you need."

The sound of Steven's sincere and supportive words, my anger and annoyance dissipated immediately, replaced by a feeling of gratitude and appreciation.

"I'm always here for you, Zere," Steven continued, his words striking a chord deep within my heart.

"I'm your best friend, and you know what true friends do."

Such a nerd.

I knew that we had always been together and had grown closer to one another with time, making it nearly impossible to imagine a life without him. His words of reassurance and support were comforting, and in that moment, I wished I could express my true feelings for him, my heart yearning to reveal the secrets of my heart and soul.