𝟑 ~ 𝗖𝗮𝗻'𝘁 𝗦𝗹𝗲𝗲𝗽

🌙 STEVEN'S POV 🌙

Over the course of months, our connection grew stronger and deeper as we came to share not only our passions and hobbies but also important aspects of our lives with one another. I introduced her to my family, including my twin brothers, Marc and Jake, and Marc's wife Layla.

We had come so far and had created such strong bonds that we now felt as though we were an extension of one another. Our lives were now intertwined in a myriad of ways, creating a strong and beautiful web of trust and affection between us that could never be broken.

Marc Spector, my elder twin brother who shared many of Zeremy's personality traits, including a penchant for coldness, stoicism, grumpiness, harshness, and stubbornness, found himself in an awkward relationship with her. Despite their seemingly incompatible attributes, however, neither of them harbored any negative feelings towards one another. They were like cats and dogs, barely able to be civil with one another in the same space. Despite my attempts to mediate between them, their similar energies made it difficult for me to calm them down and get them to behave, though at least they didn't hate each other. Marc and Zeremy would have to learn to get along, at least for my sake as their shared connection with me made it virtually impossible to avoid each other.

Jake Lockley, my younger twin brother who was a tad more temperamental, aggressive, violent, deadly, and ruthless, but he was also quite playful, confident, and charming as well. Even with his rough edges, he was a good person at his core, which Zeremy seemed to appreciate. He was able to maintain a successful romantic relationship with numerous girls who were traditionally feminine and appealing, luckily not Zeremy. Unlike Marc, Zeremy and Jake got along splendidly, finding themselves to be exceptional partners in crime together. Additionally, Jake took an interest in Zeremy's knowledge, skills, and experiences, as the two of them grew increasingly close due to their shared interests and appreciation for one another.

Layla El-Faouly, Marc's wife and my sister-in-law, was an individual whose sweet, affectionate, attentive, reliable, and friendly nature quickly won Zeremy over. They grew close to one another in a sisterly manner and found themselves inseparable, as Layla had always wanted a sister and was very pleased to have Zeremy in her life. Their close relationship grew and developed with time, allowing them to become even closer, as though they were real sisters. The two of them shared a special bond, having found a deep affection and appreciation for one another, which further strengthened their connection. Additionally, the two of them were quite tight and got along very well, bonding over their shared sisterly affection and love.

My parents were taken from me at a young age after they perished in a catastrophic car accident. I was separated from my twin brothers, Marc and Jake, who eventually departed and followed their own paths. Marc established a new life for himself in New York with his wife Layla, while Jake chose to relocate to Mexico to reside with the multitude of women he often associated with. I, however, remained in London and was left isolated and alone, never truly able to let go of the painful memories left behind by their sudden demise.

Until fate had taken a turn for the better, as I finally had Zeremy by my side, bringing joy, laughter, and companionship into my life.

One thing that remained a mystery to me was Zeremy's past, especially with regard to her family and childhood. My curiosity grew over time as there were certain topics that she seemed to avoid and avoid discussing with me.

Perhaps her parents were still alive? Perhaps they had left her during her youth? Why was it that she refused to open up to me about her past?

Although I was quite curious, I decided not to push her, opting instead to respect her privacy, waiting for the day when she would feel ready to open up to me.