𝟒 ~ 𝗪𝗵𝗮𝘁'𝘀 𝗛𝗮𝗽𝗽𝗲𝗻𝗶𝗻𝗴?

🌙 STEVEN'S POV 🌙

I can't believe I'm really doing this to a girl I liked.

As the weekend had come to an end and it was time to resume our usual work schedules, I was anxious yet prepared as I walked through the entrance of the museum. My heart beat rapidly with a sense of anticipation and nervousness as I neared Zeremy's vicinity in order to make my confessions. Yet, I could not deny that my confidence and resolve had significantly increased due to Marc's help. The advice and guidance that he had provided to me would serve as the tools I required to successfully attain my goal.

As I proceeded to approach and arrive at the museum's entrance, I was halted by a warning sign that was erected at the front of the entrance. The sign read in all caps,

"DO NOT CROSS"

At first, I was confused and anxious, but as I glimpsed inside the museum, I was shocked at the sight of broken statues and walls, covered in black dust and ashes. I realized with horror that a fire had broken out in the museum, causing destruction and havoc. I wondered how such a disaster could have occurred, and what would be done about it.

To add to the confusion and distress, I realized that Zeremy, to whom I had intended to confess my feelings, was nowhere to be found. She would normally be present by this point in time, but she appeared to be absent. This only served to increase the anxiety and doubt within my heart as I was left to figure out why she was not present. My questions only grew as I continued to ponder the reasoning behind her absence and wondered if it might be associated with the disastrous fire that had ravaged the museum.

Something had clearly caused this destruction and damage, but what was it, and where had it come from? I had no answers to this mystery, and my mind was plagued with questions.

But I need to know.

"Bruv, hey! It is proper mad in here."

J.B. the security guard of the museum, he displayed his usual emotionless expression as my presence did not evoke any particular emotional response from him. I had grown accustomed to this and accepted the fact that not everyone liked me. At this moment, however, I focused my attention on the situation at hand, attempting to act with a level of seriousness and solemnity commensurate with the severity of the event before us.

"What happened? What's going on?"

J.B. turned his head in my direction, his usual blank expression plastered on his face as he provided me with the news in regard to the museum's current situation. He spoke in a monotone but nevertheless informative manner as he informed me of the bizarre nature of the fire.

"They said that the fire happened without any matches, oil or other accelerants present. It suddenly happened."

I was bewildered by this information, and I wondered how a fire could possibly start on its own. I had never heard of such an event before, and the news both intrigued and alarmed me. This could potentially be a major issue and the implications were worrying. The museum had been plagued with misfortune and destruction, and my heart began to sink as I witnessed the effects of the fire and ash that covered the museum grounds.

"Has anyone seen the security footage?"

"Well, yeah, I was about to." J.B nodded.

I take a deep breath before I speak again in a serious manner. "All right. I think I should go with you, yeah?"

"Why would you go see it with me? Did you start the fire?"

Upon hearing J.B. speak, a thought crossed my mind, one that I dismissed quickly as ridiculous.