𝟓 ~ 𝗙𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗕𝗮𝗰𝗸

🌙 STEVEN'S POV 🌙

I was stunned by the truth revealed within the footage, feeling my heart sink as I realized that Zeremy had hidden her powers and secrets from me. I wondered exactly what sort of powers she possessed, why she had chosen to conceal the truth from me, and why she had almost set the entire museum aflame.

All of these questions circulated in my mind, and I struggled to make sense of the events that had unfolded before me.

"Oh my God. She does have her powers..." I remarked to myself. "But what kind of powers did she owned? And why did she almost burn the entire museum down?"

After discovering Zeremy's powers and her true role in the museum's blaze, I was determined to uncover her motive for committing such a heinous deed. I resolved to keep it a secret. I could not allow Zeremy to be found out and arrested without first discovering why she set the museum aflame. It was a decision that I had to make, regardless of the potential repercussions. With a sense of resolve, I copied the footage and then deleted the original footage, ensuring that J.B, or anyone else, would not discover what I had found out.

After erasing the footage, I proceeded to notify Marc, Jake, and Layla with the intention of forming a group to track Zeremy down. I lied to J.B. about the footage, leading him to believe my deception for now. All I wanted was to locate Zeremy and learn firsthand the reasoning behind the destruction and terror she had unleashed upon the museum.

"How the hell did that happen?" Marc's question and concern was evident, which was a stark contrast to his usual unconcerned attitude.

He had never been one to take my concerns about Zeremy very seriously until now. His desperate resolve to help me uncover the truth behind the arson and locate Zeremy was palpable, and it seemed like nothing could prevent us from accomplishing this goal.

That's what families do.

"I have footage of her and no one is going to find it.  It will explain what happened and how she became like this," I replied, feeling determined and resolute.

"We need to find her and make her tell us what happened that day." Jake's words conveyed a sense of solemnity and dedication, and he seemed eager to embark upon our search for Zeremy.

"I agree completely," I replied. "We can't leave a stone unturned in our pursuit. We must uncover the truth, no matter the difficulty. I have a copy of the video on my phone, so let's head out and track Zeremy down."

"Whoa, whoa, whoa. Hang on for a moment."

Marc's sudden gesture of caution led me to believe that he had something to say. He urged us to pause for a moment and wait for his input. I felt a slight tinge of annoyance at Marc's interruption, as I was eager to proceed with our search for Zeremy at a more rapid pace.

"Are you sure it's going to be safe out there? We saw the footage and you can see how dangerous she is, far more than what we expected." Marc's words of caution and his expression full of dread and fear made me feel apprehensive and worried, but nevertheless, I was determined to uncover Zeremy's truth and hold her accountable for her actions.

"So what? Are we just going to stay here and do nothing?" Layla finally spoke. "It doesn't matter if it's safe or not," She retorted, doing her best to exude confidence and courage. "We can't afford to hesitate or cower in fear. We must find Zeremy and do whatever it takes to make her confess. We have to seek the truth, no matter the obstacles or dangers that may arise."

"Zeremy is not a danger to us. We won't be in harm's way while looking for her. We simply have to approach her carefully and make sure that we show her kindness like always. Everything will be fine." I said.