Connor Bedard (Happy Birthday to us)

I've been best friends with Connor since we were six when my family and I moved to North Vancouver and we lived across from each other

I've been best friends with Connor since we were six when my family and I moved to North Vancouver and we lived across from each other. We were both born on July 17th, in 2005 and every year we would have conjoined birthday parties and invited all of our friends. But ever since he moved to Chicago to play for the Blackhawks, the last time I saw him was when he got drafted. Don't get me wrong, I am extremely proud of him but I just wish I could see him more.

Tomorrow is our birthday and I plan on flying all the way from British Colombia to Chicago to surprise him. His mom gave me his new address but I plan on showing up at his practice after I go to his apartment to decorate.

Right now I'm on the plane now flying to o'Hare airport for the big surprise. Even though I'm not a fan of airplanes I wasn't going to drive there.

After the plane landed I called an Uber so that I could rent a car for the week since that's how long I was going to be staying there. I ended up renting a white jeep wrangler "this is the most basic white girl car I've ever drove" I thought to myself.

As I was parked in the rentals parking garage I looked up the nearest party city. It was about 2 miles away. I drove down the street of Chicago, there were amazing paintings on the walls it looked beautiful.

When I got to party city I made sure to lock the car door and then I walked in. I got a banner that said happy birthday and got a bunch of Ballon's and streamers, then I had to find the perfect card.

After about 20 minutes of gathering party materials I got back to the car and put in his address.

About 10 minutes later I arrive at his apartment on the north side of Chicago. I searched my pockets for the spare key his mother made for me before I had left. After I finally found it I opened the door and started decorating.

When I finished the place looked great right infront of the entry way was the banner with some streamers around it and two balloons on each end. All in his living room were streamers, confetti, and ballon's. Same with his kitchen and even bedroom. I filled his fridge with ballon's and shoved more ballon's in his drawers in his bedroom.

When I left I locked his door and then raced to my car so that I can go to the United Center to find Connor for practice.

When I got inside I had to go through security and had to explain to them how I was here for Connor and showed them proof that I knew him personally and wasn't some crazy fan. When they let me in I asked someone for directions to where the rink is and the man pointed me in the direction.

After going through doors I get to where the guys come out to get to the rink so that I have easy access to Connor. I see the whole team on the ice and I start searching for number 98. I finally found him and I just sit and stair watching him skate.

He skates around his teammates and does turns to strengthen his balance. When he turns around his eyes get wide and we make eye contact. He stops everything he is doing and his teammates smile. "Did his mom tell everyone?" I ask myself.

Hall says something to Connor and Connor rips off his helmet and races towards me smiling. When he gets up to me he tightly wraps his arms around me.

"What are you doing here!" Connor says still hugging me.

"I came to surprise you for our birthday!" I say as he lets go of me.

"Bedard!" Coach yells so that he can hear him from across the rink. Connor looks over at his coach.

"You can leave early!" He says walking closer to Connor.

"Thank you coach!" He says. "I'll be right back wait here so I can take off my gear." He tells me as he starts to walk off.

I smile and nod and then go sit on the player bench watching everyone else continue with practice. After a few minutes Connor comes back out in a light pinkish-red hoodie with grey sweatpants. "Why the grey sweatpants" I think to myself. And white Nike Airforce ones. With his bag around his shoulder.

"Ready to go?" He asks as he walks towards me.

"Yep!" I smile starting to walk away back to the parking lot of the United Center.

"Wait where are you staying and for how long?" He asks as we get to our cars which happen to be parked next to each other.

I stand next to his car door so that I can continue talking to him. "I haven't thought about where I am staying but I'll be here for a week."

"Oh well you're always welcomed to stay with me!" He offers to me.

"Really! That would be great, so can we go to your place?" I tell him slowing starting to walk to my rental.

"Yeah sure, do you need my address?" He says.

"Yeah just text it to me!" I say getting into the car. I try to sound like I need it so that he doesn't suspect anything.

"Okay!" He says before getting into his car too.

After a few minutes we arrive to his apartment. I park the car next to his and we start walking to his front door. As he unlocks his door the first thing he sees is the banner in my handwriting. "Y/n, what did you do?" He laughs turning to look at me.

"Ooh nothing but your mom may or may not have sent me your address so that I could decorate your whole house!" I cheer as we walk inside more.

"Oh geez." He says looking all over his house and finding the hidden ballons.

"Too much?" I ask laughing at his reaction.

"No it's perfect" he says looking at me doing his signature smirk.

Later that night after me and Connor clean up the ballon's and all the other party stuff and shove it all in one room, we go to his room so we can watch a movie. He lays in the left side of the bed and I lay on the right, his arm resting around my shoulder as we watch (your favorite movie).

Before I know it I look over and see Connor sleeping soundly next to me. I reach for the TV remote to turn off the movie. After it's off I start to leave the room to left him sleep but I feel Connor's arms move from around my shoulder to around my waist as he mumbles something but his voice is too low to hear what he said but I can tell it's about me staying with him.

Later I fall asleep too with my arms also around his body.

A/N
I hope you enjoyed this one shot and let me know who you want next! Don't forget to vote and keep loving hockey pookies ily baes

1228 words