5

𝘃

          𝘃.
          𝗹𝗼𝗿𝗲𝗻𝗮 𝗿𝗼𝗱𝗿𝗶𝗴𝘂𝗲𝘇

I hadn't heard from Cross the entire week. He hadn't been around the apartment like he always was and his Merc had been missing from the street since Tuesday.

With his absence, he had been on my mind a lot less while I focused on getting through my first week of school. I decided it was better for the both of us that we established some distance anyways. There was no need to be that close with each other in the first place, knowing damn well what it was leading to.

I'd been getting the bus every morning to school with Naija who only lived a block away. I had gotten used to her by now and we had finally somewhat clicked but that wasn't to say we were similar in any way.

Today was finally Friday. After school let out, Naija and I headed over to her house. I was going to get my lashes done by her sister.

"Was you still tryna hit the mall later today?" She asked as we neared her house. It was no surprise to me that she was puffing on her vape like she did all damn day.

"If we got time, sure."

"It only gon take like an hour or two." She said as we walked into her warm house. I kicked my shoes off by the door and said hi to her mom in the kitchen when I entered.

"Hey, miss Angie."

"Hey, pretty girl. How was school today?"

"It was okay."

"Class was a fucking drag as always. I'on know if I'ma graduate for real." Naija added, rolling her eyes as she poked her head into the refrigerator.

"Naija, you know I don't like to hear that shit. You better keep yo' head in 'em books, girl. This y'all last year so make it count."

I nodded in agreement. On the other hand, I was finding the work pretty easy since the classes at my old school had been much more difficult, seeing as it was actually a good school. Of course, Spanish class was still my favorite.

"Is D here?"

"She in her room."

"C'mon." Naija motioned her head for me to follow her. We walked into her sister's room where she was setting up to do my lashes. "This my sister." She introduced.

"Hey girl! Come over here, I been expecting you." She exclaimed, coming over to give me a hug which took me by surprise. "Aw, you so pretty. I can't believe you Tariq's little sister."