The Hundred Years in Solitary

Start from the beginning

"Soon? As in a day? I won't let you get more injuries today, Your Majesty. Let me and the companions in the north handle them. Permit us to stop them, Your Majesty.", Kion asked politely while addressing Jungkook by his noble title which he had not heard for almost a century of his immortal life.

He looked at Kion and Tigra understandingly.

"You have my permission but...", he put on his mask again. "I will come along.", he told them before they nodded at each other.

✨️✨️✨️

After a long journey in the grand carriage with her so-called friends on their own horses, Roseanne finally arrived at the forest where they would be picking berries to grow in Eudaemonia. When she stepped out from the carriage, she was in awe of the beauty of the forest that lay before her.
The sheer splendour of the forest left her momentarily speechless, and her eyes remained fixed on the enchanting scenery, a mix of surprise and wonder in her expression.

"Girls...this is so breathtaking and the fresh air...", Roseanne closed her eyes as she took a deep, appreciative breath, relishing the earthy scent of the air around her.

"Let's go, Rosie. The berries are a little deeper in the woods.", her friend, Irie called her as she pointed to where they should go next.

"Oh, what about the horses?", she asked.

"We will leave them here. The paths ahead are narrow, they cannot pass easily.", Lucille, the shortest friend of them all, let Roseanne know as all of them tied their horses to the trees nearby.

Roseanne looked at the surroundings once again. Somehow, the direction that Irie showed her seemed darker and it made her feel a bit intimidated to go there.

"Let's go, Rosie.", Irie called her again.

"Yes, let's go.", with a deep breath of the fresh air, Roseanne followed them further into the woods while hoping that nothing would go wrong in the forest.

There were a lot of berries; blueberry, raspberry, strawberry, elderberry, and mulberry trees scattered in the woods.

Roseanne was so happy picking from one tree to another tree while admiring the serenity of the forest. At one point, she cried in thankfulness that she could go out to see a side of the world other than Eudaemonia where she had lived for her whole eighteen years of life. She was grateful that she could be there in the unknown beautiful forest that day.

As she was picking berries, she saw a group of colourful butterflies and went to follow them, not realizing that she was wandering deeper and deeper into the forest.

The thick canopy above began to obscure the fading sunlight, casting elongated shadows that she barely noticed. Birds' songs gave way to the subtle symphony of nocturnal creatures, their sounds barely registering in her thoughts. The gradual darkening of the surroundings was masked by her fascination with the intricate details of the flora and fauna around her. Time seemed to slip away, and she only realized the encroaching darkness when the forest became a realm of indistinct shapes and mysterious rustlings.

It was then that the realization of nightfall began to wash over her, and a shiver of uneasiness coursed through her, making her aware of her predicament in the dimming forest.

"Oh, no. Oh, god...", she looked around and barely could recognise where she was currently at. "Girls! Irie! Lucille! Teana! Oh, no..", she was getting scared of the darkness enveloping around her.

She wrapped her arms tightly around herself for comfort.

"It was still bright when we were picking the berries...they would have searched for me long ago...", Roseanne realized what it meant when she recalled not hearing anyone screaming for her name as she wandered off with the butterflies during the daylight.