To The Eye

Her boss was out of commission. No one in the office was left to help. She only had the assistance of the off-site folks who worked in the warehouses and miscellaneous other ventures that were all related to the business. She had no direction, no one to tell her what to do. This was the moment that she determined that she had to take charge. This was her personal contract and she issued it to herself.

She enlisted the help of the driver who took them from the office back to the warehouse. He had to drive them to Hunter's house. She would be able to take it from there.

The storm had started to move into the area. Everything would shake with each clap. Every window was dark as they pulled up. Once she was out, the van took off. His mission was just to drop her off and he was more than happy to leave. There was nothing he would be able to do about this. Getting inside wasn't difficult. She had seen Hunter use the keypad enough to get the code for the garage. But she was stuck in the dark. The storm had knocked the power out to the area, including here.

Her phone provided enough light that she could fumble around to the living room. It all seemed so off to her. This is where they spent so much time together. This place made her feel warm and fuzzy but now, it was dreadful. The house flashed with the red glow of the storm. Her poor phone tried but couldn't hold on, dying in her hands. She was left in the dark of this house. "Hunter, please. I need your help." She pleaded with the darkness to try and work with her. A flash hit everything, shining as bright as if it were daylight outside. At that moment, she saw a familiar shadow. His body dressed in that black suit with his red shirt, right arm stretched out pointing towards the entryway.

She fumbled around the couch following the direction she was given. Another flash and another figure pointing up the stairs. She slowly made her way up feeling out each step to not trip herself up. There was some relief at the top of the stairs. Red flooded into the hallway from the open windows. Another flash and the figure pointed down the hallway. She knew the room she was heading to. It pointed to Hunter's personal office.

Using just the glow, she was able to stumble around to his desk. She had no idea where to start looking. There were papers everywhere that she had no idea what they said. There wasn't enough light to pick anything out. Another flash, and she saw an open drawer. Inside, a black book. She held in her hands, one of the most important pieces of Hunter's career. His contacts. The people who he's helped, worked with, assisted, including every favor ever owed to him that he had not called in. Another flash, this one was close. She could hear the static in the air as it crackled. In the hiss of the electricity she heard a voice, "Find me using Angel's wings."

She couldn't do it anymore! She had to get outside. Her feet did their best to keep up but she tripped herself on the last few stairs dropping the book. She collected it before making her exit out the front door. The storm was still a ways off, yet it was obviously still growing. Not just in size, but ferocity.

"Angel's wings..." She muttered as she started looking through the book. Clearly, it was a clue, but why did it have to be so cryptic? "Angel's wings... Anyone named Angel?" She laughed at her own joke to try and ease the nerves. But it did match what she was looking for, The name she found was Angela Vongrace with the title "Dragon Matriarch" with a case file number. She didn't have to look it up. She remembered it clearly. This was the woman whose son was kidnapped. They were going to hunt him like a game until their team showed up. She owed Hunter a favor. Maybe Juliet would be able to cash it for him.

Going back into the house was not an idea she wanted to entertain. Instead, she went back into the garage. She hated to do it, but she needed a vehicle. She had her pick of a few cars. Hopefully one of them was still working. Every electronic device just seemed to be dead. The classic stuck out. His usual driver that he used to get to work and back. "He would be crazy enough to do it, right?" The key fit into the ignition. With no hesitation the lights kicked on, the engine roared to life, and Juliet had a set of wheels to get somewhere away from here. She needed to make contact with Angela.