My Sister Discovered

Depuis le début

"Could I-" His gaze flicked to Snape for a moment. "Could I maybe talk to you for a second?" He asked and gestured to the hallway leading to the boys dorms. 

Aurora looked at Snape questioningly and answered with an "of course," after he nodded at her. She stood and walked with Regulus until they stood outside the door of his room. He quickly threw up a privacy spell and turned towards her grimly. "What are you doing?" He asked.

Aurora furrowed her brow, "what do you mean?" 

Regulus glared at her, "you've been running around Snape the past few weeks like a lost little puppy. How could you be anywhere near him after what he did to you!" 

She had clearly assumed wrong when she had thought Regulus didn't care as much as Sirius did, when it came to what Snape had done to her. She shook her head ruefully, "there are things you don't understand, Regulus."  She said quietly.

He stepped towards her carefully, he put both hands on her shoulders as he looked deep into her eyes. "Then explain it to me. Help me understand why you would willingly lay with your head in the lap of your rapist." Aurora flinched visibly at his words. 

She looked down meekly but didn't answer him. There was no way she could explain it to him that he would understand. Or maybe there was but what would he be able to do about it? She would only succeed in embarrassing herself further by admitting to her brother that she was afraid of what Snape would do to her body. 

"Aurora?" Regulus asked. His voice was softer than it had been moments ago, and he reached out to touch her cheek lightly. "I'm here for you but I can't help you if you don't let me." 

Aurora laughed bitterly and shook her head wildly, "there is nothing you can do." 

"You don't know that! Whatever Snape is holding over you can't be enough to sacrifice your dignity." Regulus told her stubbornly. 

Aurora sucked in a breath as a few tears slid down her cheeks. She stepped forward and hugged her brother tightly. "Regulus it's really sweet of you to want to look out for me, but listen to me when I tell you that it is pointless to fight back. Snape has the support of the dark lord and nothing either of us has to say will matter." She told him quietly. 

Regulus gasped lightly and when she pulled back she saw fear in his grey orbs. "What did you do to piss off the dark lord?" He asked.

Aurora shook her head and laughed sharply, "over the summer when you spent that week at Gregory Goyle's house, the dark lord paid our house a visit. He offered me a place within his ranks, and when he returned just before the term, I turned him down." She told Regulus regretfully. 

"Blimey Aurora. Do you have a death wish?" He asked seriously.

Aurora hung her head sadly, "I know. I just wanted to stay away from politics and the upcoming war. If I had the chance to do it over again, I would gladly accept his offer." 

Regulus wrapped his arm around her shoulders and hugged her against his frame. Despite her being two years older than him, he was already a few inches taller than her. "I swear to you Aurora, I will do everything I can to get the dark lord to lessen your punishment."

Aurora wrinkled her brow in confusion, "how would you be able to talk with the dark lord?" 

Regulus gave her a half smirk, "you're not the only one who got a visit with him over the summer. I just had the good sense to not turn him down." He said jokingly.

Aurora punched him playfully in the arm, "I'd appreciate it if you could get him to call Snape off. You could tell him I've reconsidered his offer if it helps." She said hopefully.