26) New beginnings

Start from the beginning

A hand slithered in her palms and she received her answers. Leading her towards the parked yacht on the dock, he made sure she was able to climb the wooden plank. He followed her inside the pristine white boat decorated elegantly with fairy lights, balloons, and splashes of red flowers that were hard to miss.

She kept staring all over the place yet failed to take it all in. She ran towards the bow and touched those delicate petals that were aligned beautifully to outline the area of the deck. The steel railings were dolled up with fairy lights and the floor had too many balloons that moved with her walking past them. In the middle, there was a dinner setup arranged with a low wooden table and cushions scattered around the white mattress. A bottle of Wine and two glasses are placed in its center.

"All this...is so beautiful." She exclaimed catching his eyes who nodded in appreciation around.

"We are glad you liked this, Mrs. Chauhan."

She turned towards the man who made his presence known, dressed in a white uniform indicating his designation.

"Yes, Captain meet my wife, Uttara Rai Chauhan, and Uttara meet the captain for this yacht, Captain Jack Elvis. Your team has made amazing efforts. It looks beautiful with these decorations." She nodded in confirmation while Vidyut shook hands with him and the man bowed in gratitude.

"Please be seated. The in-house chef will present you with your dinner in a short while." He nodded at them and left.

"There is an in-house kitchen here?" Her curiosity was carried until they were left alone as she started gushing questions for him.

"Yes." He answered leading her towards the table and gestured her to sit. She complied and he rounded the table and took his side. "There is a bedroom downstairs too. I can show it to you later."

She blushed profusely at the insinuation, throwing a fake glare towards him.

"You are giving a hard competition to these roses, Tara." Vidyut bit back his chuckle making her duck her head to rub her flaming cheeks.

"You are being very cheeky at the moment, Vidyut." It was meant to be a reprimanding but she ended by making it sound like a whine and he laughed at her antics.

"Wine?" He bit back the incoming fit of laughter and unscrewed the drink bottle, filling a glass for each one.

She took the sip to hide her grin. Watching him so carefree and laughing was doing things to her that were ready to make her cry with happiness. She blinked back the moisture and smiled brightly as the dinner was served.

The food was a mix of his and her favorites that she wondered how he knew. She dug into the Chinese platter and let the flavors hit her with force, bursting and waking all her senses at once. An audible moan left her throat and she could feel his intense eyes on her.

She ignored his gaze and bit back the smirk that threatened to rise on her lips making another deep sound in appreciation that made his fork drop with a cling.

His gaze turned into a glare.

"Another ear hears that and he will be punished, Tara." He growled and her stomach churned, heat seeping into her core and flush covering her neck and ears.

"S...sorry." She mumbled and concentrated on her next bite.

"Get up." He commanded and she looked at him in bewilderment. "Get up, Tara."

She scurried to her feet and stared at him waiting for his next words.

His finger gestured for her to walk towards him and she gulped in apprehension. He shifted back and pulled her down on him.