chapter 19 IT TURNED TO BE

The function  went on well

The function  went on well. Everyone one of them are so happy about the function. It’s finally going to happen Anay is getting married. I was heading to the balcony then I heard my father’s voice and stopped from moving further. His voice didn’t sound normal. He seems to be disturbed in some way. He is on call with some. I decided to listen to him as he will not tell me the reason even if I ask him.

“How much time is left with me?” asked my dad.

“What is the time period he is talking about?” I thought.

“I know I am having less time with me to spend with my family. I am more about Anay than Ina and Reehan. Anay is so smooth and kind hearted person. He can’t bare my loss. So I want him to get married soon” said Dad.

What is he talking? And what am I listening to? What’s wrong with dad? My heart is unable to take the thing I just listened to now. My eyes couldn’t control my tears.

“I don’t need to worry about Ina because she is strong and Neil and her brothers are with her to look after her. And Reehan, he is my Xerox copy. He is so strong mentally. He can cope up with my loss. Reehan will look after his mom for me. I just pray that everything goes as planned” he said on the call.

“This is not going to happen. I will not let this happen. I need to talk with dad” I thought.

I walking towards him and said “Dad". He flinched with my voice and turned back to look at me. He was looking at me with a confused look. he was doubting if I heard everything he talked on the phone.

“When did you come Ina?”

I couldn’t control my emotions infornt of him. And ran quickly to him and hugged him. He was confused by my action. He started patting on my back to control me. “what happened Ina? Is everything okay?”

I broke the hug and looked into his eyes. I slowly held his hand and rested it on my head and said “tell me everything dad”.

He immediately took his hand from my head and said “what are you doing Ina?”

“You promised me dad. You are going to tell me everything”.

“Ina”

“Yes dad. I listened everything you spoke on the call. You have no option other than telling me. Tell me dad. I have already felt that something is wrong with your sudden visit and I know you will not force us to get married. But you asked to us. Please say dad".

“I am suffering with coronary heart disease. It needs transplantation of heart. But I couldn’t find a donor of my blood group. And if the surgery doesn’t take place within a week. There is no use Ina”.

“Don’t worry dad. I promise you that you will be fine. Nothing will happen to you”.

We both hugged each other then dad said “Ina promise me one thing”.
“yes dad".

“Don’t ever leave Neil’s hand. I can be at relief if he is with you. Please look after your brothers Ina.  And please do whatever your mom asks you to do. Can I believe in you Ina?”

“You have my word dad. And one thing dad nothing is going to happen to you. Don’t worry”.

I need to find a way to save dad. I got his reports from him and came to visit the doctor. “what time is the appointment?” I asked Arth.

He accompanied me to the hospital. Arth is the only option I have to rely on. I don’t want Neil to worry now as he is happily making arrangements for Riya’s marriage.

“Next call is ours only" he said.

“Arth he is the best doctor right?”

“Don’t worry Ina. I have inquired everything. He is the top cardiologist in the city".

“Mam you can go in" said the nurse.

We both entered in and handovered the reports to the doctor. I am feeling so tensed and waiting to listen to a positive answer from the doctor. My body is becoming cold. And I am sweating continuously. I felt a hand tapping my hand. I turned to Arth and looked at him. He gave me a assuring look that nothing will happen. My suddenly rang and looked at who is calling? Its Neil I need to answer his call anyway.

“Please excuse me. Its Neil call" I said.