Chapter 27 - Nothing But Trouble

Start from the beginning

We sit on my terrace for a little bit and chat. After a while, I can hear Thor and the others sparring.

He's so loud and obnoxious. I cannot believe he did that to his own brother. But did he? Would Loki have staged this? No, my mom said that Thor came into the hall looking for Loki and was angry. But that doesn't mean he couldn't have put Thor up to it...

It takes me no time to decide that I have had enough of Thor and his bullying of Loki over the years. I might be annoyed with Loki, and sort of involved with someone else, but Loki is my friend. I also have some pent up anger over what Honora did; it wasn't fair, and I am pissed at Loki if he used me to get away from her. Leaving the room and deciding to join the others I bid my mom good night since she has to help Heimdall tonight. Walking down to the sparring court, Cedrin finds me along the way and decides to come too. He is dressed casually in navy blue pants and a navy blue tunic. The color goes perfect with his blue eyes.

"I have never really watched you train, do you mind if I go along with you?" he asks and offers me his arm to walk to the sparring court. I don't take his arm because I am mad at Thor and don't want to appear soft as I approach the practice area.

Cedrin continues to talk but I don't pay attention to his words; I am too focused on kicking Thor's ass. As we arrive at the courts we earn a curious look from Sif and the rest of the warriors. Sif smiles because she never really liked how much time Loki and spent together, I never really understood why though. Sometimes I do wonder if she has a crush on Loki. Cedrin sits on the bench to watch for a moment. Since he never really trained to fight to the extent that Loki, Thor and I did, I spend some time explaining to him what exactly is going on.

Thor is boasting about beating everyone, and seems to be particularly obnoxious today and I cannot quite figure out why. Loki and Frigga are walking along the edge of gardens and haven't yet seen anyone yet, or if they have, they have not acknowledged us. Cedrin reaches over and takes my hand and kisses my knuckles just as I stand; Thor begins to boast about having bested everyone.

"Will no one fight me?" Thor says, "come on...Is no one courageous enough to battle me?"

"I will fight you!" I yell at the top of my lungs. My exclamation is enough to gain Frigga and Loki's attention as they begin to wander over the benches to sit and watch. Some others in the area have taken an interest in my proclamation and move over to watch what transpires.

"Ah, Lady F/n, nice to see you...." he holds his arms out as if to give me a hug.

Instead of giving him a hug I punch him in the jaw and knock him down. He staggers to his feet, and looks at me.

"Why whatever has gotten you so upset my friend?" he asks innocently and touches his face where I just hit him.

"What? Are you not courageous enough to battle me?" I taunt.

Cedrin pleads with me to stop but I ignore him. Fandral makes a move to attempt to contain, but he can see the anger in my eyes and decides to steer clear of me for the time being. He turns to Cedrin and advises him to stay back.

"Trust me my friend, she will be able to handle this herself..." Volstagg interjects.

"How is that possible Fandral?" Cedrin asks, "she's so small compared to Thor"

"Just watch..." Fandral responds.

"I am not your friend! And I told you to fight me." I say and hit Thor again.

"What's gotten into you?" Thor asks

I do not answer his question, but I continue to punch and hit him. He lands a hit on my face every so often but eventually Thor submits. I walk away from the courts and leave Thor in a battered and bruised condition. Turning back I can see the shocked looks on the faces of my friends. They were not aware that I harnessed such power and strength. Sif isn't sure if she should stand with me or if she should help Thor. Turning to Thor as he is sits on the ground, I yell at him.