I

didn't wait for her answer. I'd just have to hope she says yes and that I'd met her there. I quickly put on my old shoes and when I was about to walk out I noticed father left his lighter and a packet off cigarettes.

I looked around to see if he was watching and when I see that he isn't I quickly snatch them and walk out.

He won't notice, he literally has hundreds.

I've been sitting at the park for about 10 minutes now. I don't know what to do.

I guess I have to just hope that she shows up since I don't have any data to see her response. Hell I can't even tell if she's she's seen it.

I wasn't stupid to grab nothing to keep me entertained though, I grabbed my sketch book and a pen. (As well as the pad paper I use to communicate)

And of course the cigarettes I stole.

After a while of waiting I decided to start drawing.

As I drew random scribbles on my paper and soon the started to take shape of a woman.

Not just any woman.

Raya.

I furrowed my eyebrows. I did not mean to do that.

I closed my book and grabbed a cigarette. I need this.

Putting the end in my mouth I grabbed my lighter and lit it.

I coughed a bit since it's been a while but I quickly got used to it.

As I inhaled the smoke a sense of relaxation came over me.

"What in the shit are you doing?!" Raya then came into view and she looked angry. I gave her a confused look and she snatched the smoke out of my mouth.

I stood up and looked at her angerly.

I'm just like my father.

"These are bad for you" she states as she stood on it.

"Do you smoke often?"

I looked away. I used to. You wouldn't catch me without one. But then father found out and he started hurting and screaming at me.

I just looked away. This caused her to sigh.

"Give me the pack" Raya held her hand out. I looked at her weirdly. No?

I shook my head.

"Alex" her voice was soft but strict. I groaned and gave her lighter.

"Alex the cigarettes to" she ordered.

Huffing, I handed them over. She grinned and put them in her pocket.

I bent over to grab my paper and started writing. Can I have the lighter back at least? It's my dad's and if he finds out I took it he'll be annoyed

That was a lie. He wouldn't even notice since he had a bunch but she didn't need to know.

When she handed it over I run my thumb across it. Causing a flame.

I could feel her eyes on my but I was to fixated on the fire.

There was something about the orange that hypnotized me. It lured me in like a Lullaby.

That's when I heard a clicking noice and a flash. When I looked at the girl she was shaking a peice of film paper and a camera was placed in her other hand.

"Sorry, it's just you looked so cute and i had to, here look" I blushed at her words.

Pretend they're outside)))

I looked skinny. With that thought I wrapped my arms around my stomach, suddenly feeling insurcure.

"Hey uh, I know you're most likely gonna say no but.." Raya started.

"Do you wanna come to a party with me and my brother?"

I was hesitant but still nodded my head. I need to keep myself entertained. And who knows? Maybe this will be good for me.

"Really? You don't really seem like the party type" Raya looked shocked.

I've never really been to one.

Her jaw dropped at this. "Well you are definitely not going to your first party wearing that" she pointed at my baggy shorts and hoodie.

I don't have any money and I can't go home right now not that I have any nicer clothes in general.

"I'll pay"

No

"Yes"

Absolutely not

"I swear to God Alex I will drag your ass into that store"

I huffed.

I'm not wearing any dresses or t-shirts

"Why nottttt"

Because

I don't want anyone seeing my scars or to notice how skinny I was.

"Ok I'll buy you a new hoodie and some pants, what kinda clothes do you like?"

Baggy...

She smiled and nodded

I274 words