Meeting You

Everything in an instant was about to change. Prapai had become so lost in himself that there was no helping him. His father was genuinely concerned but had an event the next day so he was going to ignore for now till he had a good answer to the problems facing them.
" Sky, tomorrow is our event and I need you and Payu to make an appearance." This was being told to Sky and Payu at the organization.
" so what do you want us to do?" Sky asked nonchalantly.
" I want you to come forward, greet the crowd and leave."
" is that all?" Payu asked
" yes it is." He said.
They both bowed and left the office.
Payu followed Sky into his office and shut the door. He checked if anyone was eavesdropping to lay out his point
" what are you putting on?" Payu asked
" I'm pretty sure it's the whole outfit because this man would embarrass us publicly and try to prove a point."
" what do you think he's planning?"
" I have no idea, but let's see.
" Are you confident?"
" Sure."
It was Taytie's fifth anniversary. It was known for a lot of things but majorly providing the best security services and persons. He was proud of himself. He grinned to all the visitors and everyone present. Rain represented his father which was in a business trip abroad. Prapai's father came himself. He wanted to see what Taytie had to offer on this momentous occasion. It started off really nice with greetings here and there and appreciation for one another. Payu and Sky came in very late. It was not their party after all and looking around they noticed that they were the few persons who were invited to the event that were from the Taytie group. Payu looked at Sky, giving him a secret code and they both entered boldly. After a long while. It was time for their boss to speak up. He was given a standing ovation. On reaching the podium, he cleared his throat and began to speak.
" I am so grateful for this opportunity to talk to everyone here. It truly has not been easy with the company growing from an obsure place to being one of the most notable organizations to exist worldwide. I have my flaws and I have made my mistakes. These are what makes me a better person. Even to the extent I got the best of the best worldwide as my protections." Payu and Sky visibly rolled their eyes sitting by the bar area and having drinks together. Sky snared and said
" I'm pretty sure he wouldn't tell anyone how he got the best of the best he's so proud of."
" Without further ado I want to present to you my best soldiers who had stood by myself all this time. Sky and Payu." Everyone clapped. They knew about their exploits but never knew the faces of the people conquering various places. Taytie had promised them that if their last missions were successful, they would finally be out of the organization. But this meeting didn't look like it. Was it a farewell for them? They were asked to come up the podium was it to finally say goodbye? The curiosity was killing them. They took slow strides with the admiration of everyone present. They were both so good looking. One particular person caught the attention of Rain who was seating at the front. They stood on the podium and Rain was already mesmerized. He kept looking at Payu like he was a gem. Both men bowed their heads looking around the room at all the people who had power in different areas. They didn't even mind them knowing fully well, they were capable of taking everyone. The next statement from the boss's mouth shattered all the hope they had.
" so are you ready to have the best of the best. The bidding starts at a hundred million Baht." Payu and Sky's eyes widened, what the fuck was going on? They turned to Mr Taytie.
" what are you doing? This was our last mission, we're done!"
" it was your last mission but I wasn't done yet and you can't question me, I own you,you're my property . I can do anything to you and I can take everything from you!"
" take it, take it all. I don't care just give us back our freedom and that of White."
" White will be fine, if you comply with me, but if not, I could kill him now and it's all over. Is that what you want?huh Boss, Peat, is that what you want?"
Their real names sounded so strange to them now as they had not heard it in a very long time. Sky clinched his fist. He was ready to throw a punch till he heard " two million Baht for the one with long hair." The small sized boy was pointing at Payu as he spoke. No respect in his voice. Another person bidded higher and he upstaged the person. He didn't want to back down. Their boss assured them that if was only going to be for a year but the way they were bidding seemed like it would take a longer time than that. Eventually the small looking boy won at a whooping " ten billion Baht." That was not what he was expecting to happen, but he had to make it clear to the young man " you'll be getting him for just one year to protect you. Do you think that money is worth it?"
Rain smiled " yes, because I can earn that money back today. So it's nothing." The last who was competing was looking angrily, she stomped her feet and based on her reaction, it was obvious what she was going to use Payu for. Payu was a bit relieved. This was not how he pictured he would be but he was a bit excited that someone could bring out such a high sum of money out for him. It was only for a year so there was hope. The boy even looked helpless and might be friendly. He thought. Prapai father got a call from the security office. They quit. This was the fifteen person to quit. He had no intention of getting Sky but with the looks of things he needed someone and fast. He was very hesitant because of the way he looked. He was the pure definition of a pretty boy. But because of what he had heard, he wasn't going to take him for granted. He needed a solution and fast before his son got killed. He was in Taytie after all, and for him to present this as his best. Then he knew he had to be really good. Money wasn't a problem. Protection was.
Sky wasn't even bargained at all. Prapai's father didn't hesitate and just said " Eleven Billion Baht. No one can top that so give him to me!" Just like that, the bidding was over. Payu and Sky couldn't believe that they were sold off for a year. What made it even sadder was the fact that they were under obligation to do whatever the men told them to, no questions asked. For the time being they were obligated to these strangers. When the party was over. Sky was asked to report to the office of Prapai's father the very next day.
Rain urged Payu into his car to sit beside him. Payu didn't even bother turning once to look at Rain in the car as they moved. The next minute Rain rested his head on Payu's shoulder. He was going to removed it till Rain said. " just allow me stay like this for now. Keep me company."
Prapai returned to the office the very next morning in anticipation to see Cheryl. They always went at in the morning at his office. He didn't look but assumed she was there and signaled for her to go to his office. When he noticed no one was following, he turned around and saw Sky who smiled and bowed to him.
" Hi, I'm Sky, I'll be the new pain in your ass from now on.