Chapter 11

Zayn's POV

There was a pressure being pressed against my chest. Soon, I felt air being breathed into my mouth to my lungs causing me to choke. I rolled to the side coughing up water and gasping for air.

Someone's hands were rubbing my bare back as I coughed up more and more water. After, I felt too exhausted to do anything else but lay there on the cold wet stones of the floor. My eye felt too sensitive to the light being given off, so I just let them shut as I took deep breaths. Soothing hands kept running over my back, making me feel so much calmer than I felt gasping for air.

"Zayn? Can you look at me?" Liam's soft voice spoke up after a few minutes. I opened my eyes to see his worried brown ones looking at me. His hair was wet over his forehead and he had his white zip up jumper hanging around around his waist. I also noticed he had taken off the bulletproof layer, revealing his strong abs and chest that was moving in a deep motion.

His hand shakily brushed my wet hair from my eyes as he gave me a weak smile. I reterned it, but it fell when I heard light whimpers somewhere around us. I weakly rolled over to see Eve was sitting away from me against a wall with her head in her hands. I wanted to call for her, but I just coughed up more water instead.

She looked up at me with tears clouding her green eyes. She wiped them and slowly came over to sit next to Liam. The side of her head that wasn't shaved had her long blonde hair dripping wet. I weakly reached my hand out to her which she shakily took and smiled as some of her tears fell.

"Why didn't you say you can't swim? Are you that stupid to think that with a wall of water coming at us that you should just keep quiet about not swimming?" She asked me through her tears. I shrugged and let my eyes close for a second just being glad that I was still alive to see my Niall and our baby.

When I opened my eye I saw Eve looking down at my exposed torso. That made me want to laugh at her and say some comment about it, but I just didn't have the energy to do that. I gave her hand a tentative squeeze to get her attention back to my face.

"Sleep?" I asked her with my rough voice. She looked at Liam and they exchanged something before he was getting his layers back on then throwing my own layer over his back. He picked me up and started to walk down the tunnel beside Eve.

"Rest you're head on my shoulder. We'll be somewhere for you to sleep in a few minutes." I nodded and let my head roll to the side before some type of sleep consumed me.

I was woken up by being placed on a soft surface. My eyes opened and looked at my surroundings. The room was full of light blue walls and had a white couch against one of the walls that had a window. Outside, it looked like the sun was just setting; which made me realize how long we were in the underground.

"Are you hungry? The people here said they have food made if you want any." Liam offered me. I just shook me head and pulled his hand so he would lay with me. I didn't want to sleep alone. I hate it because it makes my heart ache for my husband. Liam sat next to me and looked down at what I was wearing.

He started helping me get out of the wet tight clothes I was in until I was only in the tight boxers I had on. I got under the blankets and looked at Liam's worried brown eyes. I pat his shoulder as a question if he was okay.

"Why are you so stupid? Do you know Niall would have gone crazy if you...?" He asked me, but couldn't even finish the question. He didn't have to for me to kill would what he was asking. I just smiled and sat up slowly in the bed.

"I figured it would be okay. It's not like I could just start swimming out of nowhere." I told him quietly. Liam just rolled his eyes and cracked a smile at me. I got his hand in mine as we both sat there in a comfortable silence. The door opened and Eve came in quietly. She sat on the couch couch and took off her shoes before laying down on it. Liam took his shoes off and climbed into bed next to me. In less than two minutes he was sound asleep.