Chapter 12

Author's pov

"Well, I didn't know it got so bad between them. I never seen an Emperor like him trembling in front of the reincarnation of his lover..." Lucas said while he was with Athanasia and Nayeli, looking at the horizon of the sea. They saw everything, including the private conversation between Claude and Diana.

It was truly heartbreaking to watch two people who were deeply in love, just fall out of trust and connection. Even though they just met again, their meeting was just heartbroken and anguish anger. 

Athanasia felt bad, not only for Diana but also for Claude. Athanasia knew that Claude was destined to kill her in the future and abandon her like she didn't belong. But seeing the confrontation between her and Claude, she realizes that Claude is like her. Just like her previous life as Lee Jihye. 

Someone who yearns for love, but Claude wasn't in his stable mindset. He was scared to be rejected by the person he loved and thought it was all just a fairytale. She understood Diana's feelings and her anger towards him, but she also understood Claude since he was like her. 

'The first time I saw a man like him looking so remorseful and scared...He knew what he had done and yet, he wasn't like the cold-hearted emperor nor the fool who had thrown me away. He's me. How do I know this? Because he's scared of rejection from someone he loves and builds these walls to shield his pain. I pity him...and I feel sorry for Mama...She did love him, and he looked like he did like her back. The first time I felt like I didn't know what to do. I feel like I'm about to be a child with divorced parents' Athanasia thought. 

This was messed up. 

"Diana always talked about him and despite how angry she was, Ma and I knew that she was still in love with him. And I guess this fallout, hurt her more than anything in the world" Nayeli says knowing Diana still loves Claude deeply despite what he did. She's her sister, she knew her well and how she feels about him.

Despite Nayeli being too young to know all of these, her level of maturity is the same as the adults.

She knows well Diana has been dealing with this pain and anger. She could've asked Ingrid to kill Claude if she wanted but she never did. Either taking vengeance against the Obelian Empire and its people.

The only thing she wants is to protect Athanasia from her cruel fate and give her a happy life.

While for Claude, it was still unknown what she wanted from him. To suffer or to feel guilty for his actions.

Like a cruel dream that you are the tragic hero of the story. You don't know what will be your role and how your part will end.

Diana being reincarnated, does change fate and also the story of The Lovely Princess. Even more so with unknown people like Lucas, Ingrid, and more.

Ingrid is a werewolf, and Diana is a half-blooded nymph, while Lucas is an immortal archmage.

"Athy, what you wanna know now?" Nayeli asks her in curiosity. Athanasia looked at her and she was unsure what to do now. Her original plans were either to live quietly to survive, gather enough money to escape, or charm Claude to survive.

Now she has more opportunities to escape from Obelia and yet, she doesn't know what to do.

"She will be alright, let her have her space" Athanasia looks back and sees Zack who came back with Aurora, talking with Lily and Felix about Diana sailing one of the boats of the ship to the unknown.

It was kind of shocking for them since Diana's first life, she didn't know how to sail.

Now she does.