Chapter 8

Just to mention.

Diana is 15 years old while Claude is in his late twenties.

But like any right-minded person, I will not ship them like this!

That's pedophilia! Disgusting shit.

Claude will wait for a couple of years for Diana to become an adult, around 23 or 25!

I mean Lucas knew Athanasia was a grown woman in a child's body. He did wait unlit she was old enough in the physical body.

Either way, let's go back to the story and I did promise you a wonderful beating.

Hahahahahah!!!

Author's pov

Earlier, Lily and the maid were searching for Athanasia.

Claude and Felix arrive at the scene, Felix offers to help Lily to find Athanasia knowing that there's someone after the young princess.

Claude felt disbelief for not seeing the signals that someone was after his daughter.

He wondered why a Siodonnaian was after her.

It could be Sultana Anaya the old friend of Diana when she was her dancer. She never liked Claude as she often picked a fight with him in verbal words.

She was distraught by her death and she didn't look happy when Claude stated he didn't want to see her one last time before they buried her in her homeland.

She knew how much Diana cared for him and her daughter.

She gives him a fair warning if he doesn't start being a parent and gets Athanasia hurt, she will take her away.

'I knew Sultana was headstrong but not this unpredictable. Is she going to take her away?' Claude thought and despite the use of black magic to erase his memories of Diana he didn't want to see Athanasia because of her resemblance.

He now felt uneasy.

He finally has the opportunity to get rid of his pain but yet, he heisting.

Why?

"That girl is Diana's last gift for you. You're seriously going to throw a tantrum because Diana chose her over her life and you? Shame on you, Emperor Claude. Shame on you. You better step up being a parent to that girl or if I find out her daughter wasn't cherished or cared for, even hurt. I will take her away from here. You're going to make Diana regret that she ever fell in love with you"

'Back then, I didn't think she would do it due to my grief. Did she finally get enough and she's willing to take Athanasia away from me? Diana died because of her...Diana, she died because we...' Claude recalls how happy he and Diana were when they found out she was pregnant.

They were overjoyed and embraced each other warmly.

Claude felt his heart throbbing like he was slapped across the face.

'A mistake?... Everything we did together was a mistake? Have I fallen this low? Dear God, I'm turning into my father' Claude thought as felt disgust when he slowly realized he was turning into the last person he didn't want to be.

His father.

Looks like karma did it again.

That relentless bitch!

"I have to find her before I turn into that man" Claude mumbled annoyingly before looking over the gardens.

Claude searched over the gardens and went deeper into the forest.