Settling In

Naya's p.o.v.

"Oh goodness you weren't kidding when you said they were playful!" Sun exclaimed as he watch Nugget and Noodle play with each other in my room. We had successfully moved everything into my room and had gotten the ferret's tubes set up along the wall so they could run around. Once we were finished and cleaned up I had let Noodle and Nugget out of their cage so they could explore and play.

"Yeah they can get pretty spunky when they want to be but they are sweethearts. My furry crack missiles." I responded watching the two chase each other and Moon came over making sure he didn't step on them.

"How's your arm doing Starlight?" He asked sitting beside me on the bed as Sun began playing with the ferrets.

"It's still sore but it should be fine. I still feel like scrubbing my skin off in the places he touched me. I feel gross. " I answered and he hummed.

It wasn't long before Sun began looking through my things and while there were certain items I didn't want him seeing, I didn't mind him being curious.

"You have so many books and movies Sunshine!" He stated excited and I smiled.

"I love to read and watch movies in my free time. It helps me relax and escape reality." I responded and watched as Moon began snooping around as well.

"What's this?" Moon asked holding up a notebook and I sat up from the bed and picked up the ferrets letting them play on the bed. Before I could answer Moon was flipping through the pages and stopped at a couple of them.

"Did you draw these?" He asked looking at me and I nodded.

"Yeah. They're not that good though." I answered and Sun looked over Moon's shoulder.

"Not good!? Sunshine these are amazing! Why would you think they aren't?" Sun asked looking at me and I shrugged.

"Because nothing I draw is original. I just find a picture of something I like and draw what I see."

"So? You have talent Starlight and don't let anyone tell you otherwise." Moon stated firmly and I smiled at them.

After that, the two continued snooping through my things and I eventually got up to start putting everything away. I started with my clothes, and Sun was quick to come over and admire everything as I pulled it out of its box.

"Oooh this is pretty!" Sun said and I turned to face him to see he was holding one of my few dresses. It was a sleeveless dark blue dress with a mesh top starting at the chest and it had silver stars covering it all over.

"I haven't worn that in years. It was my prom dress in high school. My date hadn't wanted to dance with me at all and instead started talking to the other girls that were there." I explained and the two shared a look but didn't say anything as I gently took it from Sun and put it away.

I continued unpacking and eventually stopped when Moon picked up my guitar and looked at me questioningly.

"You play?" He asked and I smiled as I took it from him and sat on the bed tuning it a bit.

"Only a little. I'm not an expert but I enjoy playing as a small hobby. I feel like music helps express what I'm feeling better than words do." I told him and Sun sat beside me.

"Could you play something for us Sunshine? Please?" Sun begged and I smiled at them.

"Sure why not."

Moon's p.o.v.

I watched as Naya began getting comfortable so she could play a song and wondered if she still sounded as lovely as she did when she was a child. I didn't have to wonder long as she started strumming her guitar and hummed a bit. The room went silent and oddly enough, even the ferrets stopped playing and looked up from the bed to listen to her play.

"Hold me close and hold me fast."
"This magic spell you cast."
"This is la vien en roses."

She sang and I smiled enjoying listening to her voice. It sounded just as beautiful as I remembered and I noticed how much she had improved over the years as well. She sounded like an angel to me and I couldn't get enough of it.

"When you kiss me heaven sighs."
"And though I close my eyes."
"I see la vien en roses."

She continued and as she strummed her guitar and I saw Sun smile as he listened as well and I sat down on the other side of her, pulling her ferret Nugget onto my lap and petting it.

"When you hold me to your heart."
"I'm in a world apart."
"A world where roses bloom."

"And when you speak."
"Angels sing from above."
"Everyday words seem to turn into love songs.'

Sun and I looked at each other smiling as Naya sang and I could tell we had the same thought in our heads.

"She's perfect."

"Give your heart and soul to me."
"And life will always be."
"La vien en rose."

With the song finished she set her guitar in her lap and smiled at us.

"That was beautiful Sunshine!"

"Yes it was. Your voice is just as beautiful as the day I first heard you sing." I complimented and watched as her face turned a shade of pink.

With her song over, she continued unpacking and Sun got up to snoop around some more. Before I knew it he had found something else that had caught his interest and lifted it up looking at it puzzled.

"What's this Sunshine?" He asked holding it up and I began laughing as I realized it was one of her bras.

"Sun!" She cried and snatchted it away from him as her face was dark red in embarrassment.

"Yeah Starlight, what is that?" I asked through laughs and Sun looked between us obviously not understanding what he had done wrong or what was so funny.

"What? What did I do? Did I say something funny?" He asked and I laughed harder at my brother's innocence.

"Sunny that's my bra!" Naya answered putting it away quickly and he still seemed confused for a second until his eyes widened and I assume he did a search on what a bra is.

"Oh. Oh! OH MY GOODNESS I AM SO SORRY!"