We Need to Talk

Naya's p.o.v.

"Thank you for coming and have a Fazerrific day!" I said as the last parent and child left the daycare. Once they were gone, I locked the daycare doors and sighed.  I knew Moon wanted to talk to me about something but I had no idea what it could be but by the tone in his voice I could tell it was important.

Sun was back in the daycare with me and had apologized for his behavior but still seemed to be distant. It made me wonder if he had an idea about what Moon wanted to talk about but I didn't ask in fear of him running away.

We were cleaning up the daycare and at one point I was so lost in my thoughts that I had bumped into Sun. He caught me before I could fall and our eyes met as we stared at each other. Without thinking, I cupped his face in my hand and smiled softly at him. To my relief he smiled back and I began to laugh.

"Haha I'm such a clutz!" I said through laughs and his grin brightened up as his rays spun and he suddenly began tickling me.

"Yes you are Sunshine and now you've fallen into my trap!" He exclaimed as he tickled my sides and I laughed and squirmed trying to get away.

"No no no don't tickle me! Hahaha!"

"Are you two finished yet?"  Moon suddenly asked from the balcony and Sun stopped his tickle attack as I did my best to calm down.

"Yeah we're done!" I shouted up to him and Sun picked me up and we flew up to the balcony.

"You seem to have gotten better Sunny"

"Well thank you Sunshine! I'm still nowhere near as good as Moon is though." He thanked and I smiled up at him.

"Just give it time."

With that we made our way into their room and I found Moon leaning against the wall. In typical Sunny fashion, he jumped on his bed and sat up  cross legged. Moon motioned for me to have a seat and I sat on his bed.

"So what is this all about Moon? You said it was important." I asked confused and the two looked at each other then back at me.

"Do you remember us at all?" He suddenly asked and I frowned not understanding the question.

"Huh? What do you mean?" I asked even more confused and Sun spoke up this time.

"He means before you started working here. Do you remember us taking care of you as a child?" Sun explained and my eyes widened.

"Wait so all of that was real?!"

"So you do remember."

"Sort of. Everyone told me I made it all up and that you two never cared about me and were just following programming." I explained and Moon frowned.

"Bullshit."

"Language!" Sun scolded and Moon scoffed.

"If we didn't care about you then things would've turned out much different. We wouldn't have fought to keep you with us like we did."

"What do you mean?" I asked not quite remembering what happened and Sun sighed as his rays shrunk inwards a bit.

"The day your father took you from us was the worst day of our lives. We were heartbroken that you were gone. We begged and pleaded for Vanessa to bring you back for days but nothing worked." He explained and got up from his bed before going over to a box I hadn't noticed.

"You had left these when we lost you. We kept them safe in hopes you would come back." Sun turned around and held two plushies.

They were of the twins.

I gasped and took them as he handed them to me and felt tears form in my eyes.

"I thought I had lost these! I missed them so much!" I said as I hugged them close to my chest and looked up at the two.

"So you two knew this whole time and didn't tell me?" I asked a bit hurt and Moon spoke up.

"We didn't know for sure if it was actually you or not. We haven't seen you for 17 years. As time passed we became more and more certain of it." He explained and Sun hugged me.

"We've missed you so much Sunshine" he said holding me close and I hugged him back without hesitation.

"I've missed you both too." I responded and Sun pulled back gently wiping my tears away with his thumb.

"Where have you been this whole time Starlight?" Moon asked and I sighed.

"After I was taken I went back to live with my father. I resented him for taking me from you and he put me through therapy thinking it would help. It was there that I became convinced it was all in my head. I went through school and eventually managed to find a home for myself close by here." I explained.

"What aren't you telling us?" Moon pushed and Sun sat beside me.

"We just want to know what happened after you left." Sun assured and I rubbed my neck.

"Well a lot happened. My depression, anxiety, and insomnia got worse. My past relationships were horrible and I struggled to find a job for awhile. Honestly being here has made me happiest I've been in a long time. I don't really talk to my father much but he pops up every now and then."

"And your...mother?" Moon asked with a disgusted tone in his voice.

"I don't know. I never saw her." I answered and Moon moved from his spot against the wall. He cam over and sat on the other side of me as the two embraced me in a hug.

It was at that moment I knew where I was supposed to be. And it was right here with these two. As their little Sunshine.