Chapter One

Of course I missed the bus, of course it's raining, and of course my mom took the umbrella. I put my hood up and walk to school.
Already being ten minutes late, I decide to take my time. I might as well be really late.
I stuff my backpack into my locker and walk to class. I decide not to bring anything since I don't do anything in this class. I walk in and see Mrs. Dione glare at me with her fierce green eyes.
"You're late Mr. Trudeau," she hisses.
"And you're ugly, but no one's talking about that," I say. The class roars with laughter. I stiffle a laugh and look up at her. She rolls her eyes and points at the door.
"Mr. Erickson's office. Now!" she says sternly.
I put my hands up and walk toward the door. "Okay. Okay, but this doesn't fix the ugly," I say with a smirk and walk out.
"What did you do this time, Damien?" he asks in a disappointed voice.
"Called Mrs. Dione ugly," I sigh.
"What did I say before?" he asks.
"Not to call people names no matter what," I say in a robotic voice as I had said this a million times before.
"Damien," he sighs. "You can't keep getting into trouble like this."
"I know. I know, but people anger me and when I say things like that I... Can't control it," I say.
"Damien, you can control it. I know Snow will help you if you asked her," he says softly. "I know she would."
"I can't," I say angrily standing up.
"Damien, calm down," he says. Dark red flames erupt around me. Mr. Erickson screams.
"Damien, I don't know what kind of prank this is but-"
"It's not a prank!" I yell. My head starts to hurt. I hold my head and drop to the floor on my knees.
"Damien!" Mr. Erickson screams running to me. I fall to the ground into the flames, but it doesn't hurt. As I start to fall out of consciousness I see the flames start to disappear.
I wake up in the nurses office. I look around.
"Mrs. Trudeau there was a fire that was caused by your son," Mr. Erickson says into the phone.
"Uh huh... Yes.... I think it was a prank... Yes, Ms. Trudeau, I do," he says. I cross my arms and slump back into the chair. Today could not get any worse.
"Damien, look at me!" my mother shouts as I sit on a stool at the counter in the kitchen. She stands at the other side ranting to me about the shitty things I did today. I cross my arms and put them on the counter.
"Are you even listening?!" she asks angrily.
"Something about something I did today, right?" I ask calmly. She groans and turns around. She flips her blond hair behind her back.
"Damien," she whispers. "You can't keep acting like this."
"Why? Why can't I?!" I ask angrily. "You're never home! The only time you are is when I'm getting yelled at!" I walk into the living room angrily. She walks behind me.
"Damien," she says. "You know that I can't be home all the time."
"It's not even that. You never call! You don't care!" I yell. She looks at me with the saddest expression I've ever seen her have. "Mom, I-"
"No, Damien, you're right," she mumbles.
"You don't care?" I ask in a whisper. She shakes her head.
"I tried to care, but every time I look at you I see your father," she says.
"I've never even met my father or even seen a picture for that matter. What's so bad about him?" I ask.
I mean, I knew that I had most of the traits of my father like his black hair and reddish brown eyes because my mom is a dirty blond with blue eyes.
"He's... Satan," she says in a low voice.
"Satan?" I ask. She nods. "Satan doesn't have a physical body. He needs a vessel," I say.
"He had a vessel. Sixteen years ago, he appeared in my husband's body and killed him once he impregnated me. It only took a month for you to develop and for me to give birth," she says.
"A month?!" I exclaim. She nods. I look at my hands.
"The fire," I gasp. She nods.
"It was you that did that. You can't get over emotional or flames will start again. You have to control it," she says. I nod. Her phone beeps.
"Don't tell me you have to leave especially at a time like this!" I exclaim.
"I'm sorry, honey, I have to go," she says grabbing her jacket and running out the door. I sigh and walk up to my room. I lie in bed face down.
"Damien?" someone asks from outside the door. I get up and open the door. My best friend Snow stands in the doorway. Snow has blond hair and icy blue eyes. She wears large framed black geeky glasses.
"I heard you got sent to Mr. Erickson's office again," She says. I nod.
"Yeah so? What else is new?" I ask with a laugh. She laughs with me.
"D, you can't keep getting into trouble. Your mom has threatened to send you to a boarding school twice now. Has she done it again?" She asks. I shake my head. "Damien, school wouldn't be fun without you."
"I know. You've told me that already, Snow," I say. Snow and I have been friends since second grade when we were paired up for a project in science class. Snow doesn't have any other friends besides me and vice versa. I've always had a tiny crush on her, but I ignore it.
"So, we going to play video games or what?" She asks running down the hall, down the stairs and into the living room. I smile and run after her. She turns on the PlayStation. I grab my red controller and she grabs the blue one.
"No, Damien, you always beat me," Snow says throwing the controller down. I smirk at her.
"Don't give me that smirk," She says pushing me. I push her back. She gets up.
"Don't walk away from me," I say pulling her down. She falls on top of me and we stare into each other's eyes. Her icy blue eyes are so beautiful. Damien, what are you thinking?! She's your best friend! Snow blushes and gets off of me.
"S-sorry," she stutters.
"Don't apologize. It was, uh, my fault," I say scratching the back of my neck.
"Uh, Damien, I should go," Snow says getting up.
"Oh. Do you want me to walk you home?" I ask getting up and walking her to the door.
"No. I think I'll be okay," she says with a smile. She leans in and kisses me on the cheek. She grabs her backpack and swiftly walks out. I sigh and watch her walk down my driveway.
"You love that girl don't you brother?" someone asks from behind me. I whip around and see two guys a few years older than me.
"Who are you?" I ask.
"We're your brothers. I'm Kyden and that's Samael," the one with the red eyes says.