Seven

Eden

I don't believe we've left our room since Jericho returned, spending the day and night locked away and tangled up within each other's arms.

This morning it seems Jericho still hasn't had enough as I'm woken up by his hand trailing lightly down the curve of my hip.

"Mmm, good morning to you, too." I giggle out to him softly.

"Good morning, my mate." He trails his nose up and down my neck, inhaling my scent. He curves his hand around my hip bone, his finger tips leaving little fires upon me as he begins to trace the rune he had placed upon my skin, stilling slightly as he does so.

"I never meant to cause you pain.. I truly didn't know what would happen, if I had, I never would have placed this rune upon you." He whispers to me, regret clear his voice.

I remain silent, not knowing how to take what he just said. "How did you know?" I never said anything about it to him, he wasn't here for when his rune started to burn and smoulder away upon my skin.

"I'm aware of most of the things that happened while I was away, Eden." He mumbles.

I pull away from him slightly, turning to look at him. "What do you mean? What all did you see?"

"I didn't see anything, I was just.. aware. I could sense things, and hear things. It was almost like I was experiencing things through your mind's eye, and I won't lie and say it didn't fuck with me."

I take a deep inhale, trying to will my heart not to give away my emotions right now. "Is there.. is there anything you want to talk about? I don't know what all you're aware of, or if there's anything you'd like to know."

I bite my lip as I look him in the eye, feeling nervous. He says he could sense things and hear things, but what? The idea that I might have never truly been alone in my feelings leaves an odd sensation in my stomach. I don't have anything to hide, but it just makes me feel uneasy.

"I never meant to make it feel as though I was spying on you, it happened without me meaning to once I had fallen asleep in that place. I could sense strong emotions, and I could hear your cries. It had to be something full of emotion to reach me it seemed. Sometimes I could hear those around you."

"I don't have anything to hide from you, any question you ask I'll answer truthfully. I'd never keep something from you.." I knew this conversation would happen, but I'm already beginning to feel that tightening in my chest.

He turns away from me as he speaks, seeming to no longer want to meet my eyes. The action makes my heart drop for a moment, sensing he's more displeased about the things I did while he was away than he had originally let on.

"Did you fuck Damien?"

I'm momentarily at a loss for words as tears begin forming in the corners of my eyes. I can understand why he'd ask, but the question still stings. I'm also unsure as to why he chose to be intimate again first before asking such a question.

"I never fucked Damien.. I never even kissed him. I didn't.. I never did anything except sleep in his bed.. I mean actually sleep, we never did anything.." My voice trembles as I speak, giving away my emotions.

He inhales deeply and nods. "Then why did I sense so much lust when you were with him?"

"I-i don't know.. I don't know why, I just.. I don't want him. Not the way I want you, you're my mate, I love you, I only want to be with you." I say as my tears begin making their way down my face, though Jericho pretends not to take notice.

"Don't lie to me, Eden, I know you have feelings for him." He grips my chin firmly in his hand, forcing my eyes to meet his again. "I hear every lie that spills from that pretty mouth of yours."