Snakeskin 002 (Viper x Killjoy)

Snakeskin 002

Kingdom was the same as ever. Viper shouldn't be surprised that the only differences that came to be were the abundance of experimentation, both legal and illegal. There was also the part where the company seemed to have a more expanded network than before, which Viper figured out with all the new machineries and surprising amount of items governments worldwide had banned in general.

For the past two weeks she's been working under Kingdom, Viper was making enough progress to keep Akimbe satisfied with her pace. She already developed a base for a serum and a pill for the sake of immunity against Radianite's emission, but it was nowhere close to being effective. It was a start and judging from Akimbe's pleased feedback, Viper knew she was nowhere near in sparking the director's suspicions.

So far, Viper hasn't only been progressive with her work for the enemy. There was a scheduled maintenance today for the Kingdom servers and while the other personnel took that as a chance to give themselves a break from their usual workload, Viper used it as an opportunity to sneak into one of the offices.

Some of the department heads were intending to go out for a long lunch break due to the downed servers, a plan Viper overheard earlier morning that day. The doctor took advantage of their absence and even timed her walk down the main corridor, where she 'accidentally' bumped into one of them.

Despite not being a part of VALORANT anymore or the fact that it's been quite a long while since she left Kingdom initially, the staff were quick to recognize her. It wasn't exactly surprising, especially since they apparently knew all the work she had done when she was still the Chief Scientific Officer of the company.

With the workers somewhat awestruck with their so-called coincidental meeting, Viper managed to snatch one of the ID cards from one of them without alerting anyone. She allowed some of the staff to prattle on about their admiration for her past achievements before she curtly excused herself from them.

The reputation Viper built seemed to carry over to the present employees of the Kingdom, who didn't look offended and seemed to be more apologetic for supposedly delaying the chemist in doing her work. Their apologies were barely acknowledged, for Viper soon turned away and started to the designated office the recently thieved security card would unlock.

Lunch hour allowed Viper to slip into the private office without any wandering eyes from others. Once she was inside, she immediately sat on the chair behind the desk and tapped on a key on the board. The monitor lit up, asking for an access password.

Viper wasn't deterred. She reached into one of her lab coat's pockets and withdrew one hard drive and another object that looked somewhat similar to the former. The second item had a small screen though, which lit up and started showing random numbers and letters as soon as the doctor plugged the device into the computer.

Soon, the security lock was dealt with by the apparatus, giving Viper the opportunity to finally skim through the staff's files. A mixed wave of relief and anticipation washed over her once she saw a couple of confidential emails from Akimbe himself. Each of them held updates and schedules of the oncoming shipments of Radianite. Not only those emails, but Viper also found files and other documents that would greatly contribute to the pools of information Cypher and Sova had.

Viper stopped herself from further browsing and chose to just copy most of them into the drive she brought with her. While the files were being transferred, Viper stood up and started rifling through the file cabinets, stealing a small handful of folders that contained details about Kingdom's ongoing projects.

Barely half an hour later, Viper was soon exiting the office with files tucked under her arm and the hard drive and the other tool safely in her pockets.