Recombinant 013 (Various)

Recombinant 013
Pairings: Killjoy x Viper / Reyna x Sage

"Mommy?"

"Mommy's unfortunately busy, schatz." Killjoy apologetically replied, giving Luthor a quick kiss on the forehead before glancing over to his personal tutor, who was tasked to watch over both him and Yu Zyn while the agents of the Protocol were being called to attend an emergency meeting.

Viper already went on ahead after managing to convince Reyna to part with her sister for the sake of attendance in the aforementioned gathering. Before parting earlier, though, Viper asked Killjoy to bring their son to Svante for now, since there was no one else in the Protocol that could be available in watching over him.

As much as the chemist wanted to be the one to personally deliver their son to his guardian for the day, she didn't exactly want to show up with her current state right now. She was still waiting for the medical spray Killjoy applied on her cuts and bruises to take into effect, so the last thing Viper needed was for their child to see her and worry over things he shouldn't trouble himself with in the first place.

Killjoy picked up Luthor from Neon and Fade's watch, telling the two that she'll meet them at the assembly room before carrying off her son to his tutor's office.

By the time Killjoy arrived at the man's temporary office, Yu Zyn was already there, tucked in on the sofa at one side of the room, tightly embracing the doll versions of her parents in her arms. She was using Sageʼs white coat as her blanket, leaving the healer to walk around with her usual outfit lacking evidently.

"Is Yu Zyn okay?" Luthor asked in a whisper once he was set down by his mother, clearly noticing the red and still somewhat puffy state of the little girl's closed eyes. "She doesn't look too well."

"I... suppose she doesn't." Killjoy uttered after briefly auditing the sleeping girl. "How 'bout you keep her company, hmm? If she wakes up, be there for her, alright?"

"What about you, Mutti?" Luthor queried, frowning. "Are you busy, too?"

Killjoyʼs encouraging smile faded, a look of guilt shaping her facial expression. "I am. I know you were supposed to spend time with mommy today, but something super important came up."

"More important than me?"

"Nothing is more important than you for us, Luthor." Killjoy didn't hesitate to clear that up with her son the moment she heard him utter his thoughts. "It's just something about Reyna. I promise that once everything's settled, we could... I know! We could ask mommy and Grandpa Brim if we could go to a concert!"

"A concert? What's that?"

"It's this little thing where we listen to music and have a whole lot of fun. We can even get ice cream and candies while we're at it."

Bought by the idea of sweet treats and a fair amount of bonding time with one of his parents, Luthor's hopes in accompanying the techie all day was appeased. He nodded to himself as Killjoy lightly pushed him to join Yu Zyn at the free space on the sofa.

"Just keep Yu Zyn company. Wouldn't want her to feel lonely now, do we?"

Luthor shook his head. "I'll watch over her."

"That's my boy." Killjoy ruffled the top of his head, causing his yellow beanie to sit crookedly on his hair. "Now, behave, alright? I'll be back after the meeting."

"Okay. Love you, Mutti."

"I love you, too, schatz." Killjoy proceeded to turn to Svante, telling him, "Keep a close eye on both of them. If anything arises, don't hesitate to contact us."