The Battle for the Imperial Capital

Page 45:

As the united forces of Thulgrazes, Elric, Ashel, and their knights descended upon the Imperial Kingdom's capital, they launched a surprise attack that sent shockwaves through the unsuspecting city. Half of the capital was swiftly brought under their control as Imperial Kingdom forces scrambled to respond.

The assault was fierce and strategic. Thulgrazes and Elric's well-coordinated forces targeted vital points within the capital, capturing key locations with unparalleled efficiency. Ashel's Volkruts knights, now dubbed Apostles, bolstered the offensive. The combined strength of divine, demon, and human warriors sent a clear message: they were not to be underestimated.

The Imperial Kingdom, caught off guard, responded with desperation. They invoked a forbidden spell known as "the reset." This catastrophic incantation threatened to unleash a blinding light from the heavens, capable of erasing all life within the city, both knight and civilian. The Imperial Kingdom, in its fervor to maintain control, showed a complete disregard for the lives of those they ruled over.

But in that dire moment, just as the light beam began to pierce the skies, a phenomenon occurred that left both the Imperial Kingdom and its assailants awestruck. The spell's deadly light met an unexpected resistance, a powerful and unbreakable magic barrier that shielded the capital from destruction.

Ejhay, thought to be incapacitated, had risen above the city, casting an extraordinary magic barrier that halted the catastrophic magic's advance. With a serene yet resolute expression, he faced the Imperial Kingdom's wrath head-on. It was clear that Ejhay's power had evolved, that his status as a Demi-God was not merely a title but a reality that altered the very fabric of the world.

The Imperial Kingdom forces were left in shock and disbelief, realizing that their once-secret weapon had been rendered ineffective. Ejhay's return to the battlefield was nothing short of miraculous, and he was determined to ensure that their fight was far from over.

For Ejhay and his allies, this was not just a battle to defeat an oppressive kingdom. It was a battle to preserve the lives of countless civilians who had suffered under the Imperial Kingdom's rule. The stage was set for a cataclysmic confrontation, and the outcome would determine the future of their world.