The Battle for Freedom

Page 24:

After Elric had successfully evacuated all the townspeople to safety in their secret base, Ejhay made preparations for the impending battle. He placed a transmitter crystal at the base, ensuring that the people could monitor the events in Craig and witness the fight for their freedom.

Addressing the assembled townsfolk and fellow adventurers, Ejhay made a solemn promise, "I vow to free this town from the grip of the Imperial Kingdom. You will have your home back, a place of peace and prosperity."

Moved by Ejhay's commitment, the fellow adventurers gathered, offering their assistance in the battle to come. Ejhay, with a heavy heart, responded with a hint of concern, "I appreciate your willingness to help, but this battle will be extremely dangerous. I fear for your safety, and I do not wish to see any of you hurt."

Despite his concerns, the fellow adventurers insisted on standing by Ejhay's side, ready to contribute to the cause of liberation. They understood the magnitude of the struggle, the importance of reclaiming their beloved town of Craig.

With their resolve steeled, Ejhay, Elric, Ashel, and their ten-thousand-strong army began their approach toward Craig. As they neared the town, Ejhay turned to face the townspeople and made a heartfelt apology, "I'm deeply sorry that Craig will bear the brunt of this battle. But have faith, for we will rebuild it into a stronger and more peaceful place than ever before."

The Imperial Knights, stationed in Craig, became aware of the approaching force. They swiftly prepared for the defense, forming a protective barrier around the town's entrance. The Imperial Kingdom had no intention of relinquishing their grip on Craig without a fight.

Ejhay, seeing the knights in defensive formation, seized the moment and launched a powerful flame bomb toward the entrance, causing a massive explosion. The shockwave rippled through the town, marking the beginning of the war for Craig's freedom.

The conflict had commenced, and the fate of the town hung in the balance. Ejhay and his allies were resolute in their quest to liberate Craig from the oppressive rule of the Imperial Kingdom, no matter the cost. The battle for freedom had begun, and it was bound to be fierce, a test of their unwavering resolve and the strength of their newfound alliances.