Forging Bonds: Ejhay and Thulgrazes' Alliance

Page 30:

Ejhay and Emperor Thulgrazes continued their discussion in the quiet chamber, delving into the specifics of their newfound alliance. As the conversation flowed, Thulgrazes broached the topic of trade and military support.

Ejhay, showing appreciation for the offer, assured Thulgrazes that they would have no immediate need for military support. "For now, my primary focus is on the development and well-being of this small kingdom," Ejhay explained. "We have much work to do to ensure the prosperity and safety of our people."

Thulgrazes nodded in understanding and then asked a more pressing question. "What are your plans regarding the other towns and lands currently under the control of the Imperial Kingdom? Their oppressive rule has brought suffering and hardship to countless innocent people."

Ejhay's expression darkened as he contemplated the situation. "I am fully aware of the Imperial Kingdom's atrocities," he replied with a hint of frustration. "It's unforgivable how they treat their own people, selling children into slavery. But their power and influence are vast, making it challenging for a small kingdom like ours to intervene."

Thulgrazes interjected, "I understand your concerns, but I have a question, Ejhay. Why did you not take action earlier to liberate these oppressed towns from the Imperial Kingdom's grip?"

Ejhay paused, his gaze steady. "To be honest, I only recently learned of the full extent of their cruelty. It was only when the Imperial Kingdom threatened my own town that I felt compelled to act. Their tyrannical rule must be stopped."

Thulgrazes considered Ejhay's response before speaking. "Ejhay, the situation you describe reminds me of my own kingdom, the Demon Kingdom. While not all demons are evil, our realm has faced challenges from powerful external forces. To secure resources and ensure the safety of my people, we made a difficult choice to accept the Imperial Kingdom's dominance and become a puppet state."

Ejhay's eyes widened in surprise. "You were under their control too?"

Thulgrazes nodded, a somber expression on his face. "Yes, we were. But your actions here, your rebellion, have given me hope. You've shown that it's possible to challenge the Imperial Kingdom's grip. I believe that together, we can work toward the liberation of all oppressed lands, starting with the United Kingdoms of Volkruts."

Ejhay appreciated the candor and shared purpose in Thulgrazes' words. "It's clear that not all demons are evil, just as not all humans are kind. I'm ready to work together, Thulgrazes, and to free those who suffer under the Imperial Kingdom's rule."

Thulgrazes smiled in agreement. "Thank you, Ejhay. Our alliance has the potential to bring about significant change. Together, we can build a brighter future and ensure the safety and prosperity of our people."

The conversation concluded with a renewed commitment to their alliance and a shared resolve to confront the Imperial Kingdom's oppression. Ejhay and Thulgrazes understood that their cooperation would be crucial in the battle for freedom and justice, not just for their own realms, but for all those who yearned for liberation from tyranny.