Into the Heart of the Guild

Page 6:

With the monsters vanquished, the journey to the nearby town continued unhindered. As Ejhay and Elric approached the town's outskirts, the distant hum of activity grew more pronounced, promising a respite from the wilderness.

The town itself was a picturesque vision of rustic charm, its cobblestone streets lined with cozy shops, welcoming taverns, and a bustling marketplace. At its center stood the adventurer's guild, a formidable yet inviting building that beckoned to those in search of fortune and adventure.

Ejhay turned to Elric, curiosity gleaming in his eyes. "We made it to the town. Now, how do we earn money in this world?"

Elric smiled knowingly. "It's simple, Ejhay. We register at the guild as adventurers. They pay rewards for completing quests, and that's how we can make a living."

With a nod, Ejhay agreed. "Let's head to the guild then."

As they stepped inside, the guild's interior was a scene of organized chaos. Adventurers of all shapes and sizes mingled, sharing tales of their exploits, studying mission boards, or enjoying well-earned drinks at the tavern within. The bustling ambiance of camaraderie and adventure washed over them.

Approaching the reception desk, they were met by a friendly staff member who extended a warm welcome. Elric and Ejhay explained their intentions to become registered adventurers. With a swift exchange of details, the staff member presented them with identification cards. Their ranks were labeled as 'F.'

As they observed their 'F' ranks, the staff member kindly explained the guild's ranking system. "You begin as an 'F' rank adventurer, and as you complete quests, you'll earn points. For every 10 points, you ascend to the next rank, all the way up to 'SSS.' But beware, adventurers. Only one person in the history of this guild has ever reached the illustrious rank of 'SSS.' The quests that lead to such a rank are among the most perilous and demanding challenges this world has to offer."

Ejhay and Elric exchanged glances. They now had a clearer understanding of the path they had embarked upon. The prospect of climbing the ranks from 'F' to 'SSS' was an enticing yet daunting journey that beckoned to them.

The staff member continued, "Remember, every quest you undertake carries risk, but it also carries reward. As 'F' rank adventurers, you can explore various quests available on our mission boards. Some may be simple, while others may lead you into the depths of peril. It's your choice how you'll advance."

With gratitude, they accepted their 'F' rank cards and took their first steps into the world of guild-sanctioned quests. They knew that their journey was just beginning and that challenges lay ahead. Yet, the promise of adventure and the allure of rising to the coveted rank of 'SSS' filled their hearts with excitement.

As they left the guild, Ejhay and Elric knew that they would need to build their reputation and skills one quest at a time. Their path was set, but the story of their ascension through the ranks of the adventurer's guild had only just started.