Chapter 1 : Heat

Spring break felt like forever, and for Wednesday, luckily for her, it is going to end soon. She'll get to see her roomate Enid again, the annoying little golden retriever, the bouncy ball of sunshine.

(At least that's what Wednesday thinks of her.)

~Bzz

"Who would text early this morning? I mean, who does that?" said Wednesday. She grumpily took her phone by her desk, and as the phone opened up, the light shone on her pale skin and dark brown eyes.

"Of course, it's Enid; who else could it be other than Enid herself?" she scoofs. Upon checking on her notification, she received a total of 23 missed calls and 36 texts from her.

"Like a month to a flame. We'll see each other by tomorrow so what's all the racket? I knew I shouldn't have taken this phone from Xavier." Wednesday sighs but of course deep down she is a little worried considering her best friend has been trying to contact her all morning.

Wednesday nervously calls Enid ~

"OH MY GOD! I MISSED YOUR VOICE! I MISSED YOU AND YOUR PRESENCE." Enid blurted out, making Wednesday confused with the overwhelming burst of emotion from Enid.

"Funny, but I'm not laughing," Wednesday says with a cold expression in her voice.

"Don't be like that roomie; I'm just excited to see you, and I also have great news!" Enid squeals making Wednesday to push her phone away from her ears.

"And?" she said Wednesday.

"I'm currently on my heat cycle! I don't know what it means since my dad doesn't want to explain for some reason; he said it's for the best for me not to know." She giggles.

"Hmm, heat cycle? I think I read it somewhere before," Wednesday said with her monotune voice.

"Tell me about it then?" Enid asked with pure curiosity.

Unfortunately, their line was cut off, the signal bars were gone

"That's weird." She whispers, she looked around the room and the candle lights lit up on their own.

She didn't bother checking her texts again since, of course, there was no network in her area. She quickly got out of bed to go into the library to find the book that relates to Enid's "medical" situation.

"My dear, what are you up to in this dreaded morning?" Her mother came into her room, and of course, without knocking on the door, "I heard a loud squeel like a pig being gutted." She chuckled.

"My friend called and said that she is currently experiencing some type of wolf heat cycle." Wednesday shrugs

"Oh poor girl, whoever is her mate, then he or she is unlucky, especially if her partner is not an actual werewolf. A female wolf that is in heat gets aggressive, possessive, and territorial with their mates," said Morticia.

"Sounds delightful, mother; tell me more," said the curious Wednesday.

"Well, to be frank with you, Wednesday, if a werewolf is in heat, they need to have sex to satisfy themselves and calm their aggression down. You know your Uncle Lester used to have a werewolf partner, and they do it all the time it was music to the my ears hearing his cries; you know one morning he came back with some broken bones." She laughs.

As Wednesday hears this, she was mortified. She can't imagine an aggressive Enid.

"Are you not her mate?" Morticia asked.

"No, mother, we are just roomates." She grins.

"Ah, of course! Just roomates. Well, then off I go. I don't want your father waiting." Morticia walks away, leaving Wednesday horrified for the first time.

"Now, I have another reason why I want to leave school," she whispers