Ch.10: San Francisco.

"Katie, I need you to confess," Rose said, after making sure the Stolls were too far back to hear them.

Katie blinked. "I'm sorry?"

"I need you to confess to Travis," Rose whispered urgently.

Katie blinked again. "What did you- What- Are you out of your gods-damned mind!?" she yelled.

Rose jumped and hushed her urgently. "Shhh! You can't let them hear you!"

"You want me to WHAT!?"

"Shhhhhhh, Katie!!!" Rose hissed, covering Katie's mouth with both her hands.

Katie licked her hands. Rose grimaced and wiped her hands on Katie's sweater.

"You're evil!!" Rose muttered.

"Why in Hades' name do you want me to confess to Travis!?" Katie hissed. "And what would I be confessing? How much I hate him!?"

"Of course not." Rose rolled her eyes. "Your love for him, obviously!"

"Why do you want me to confess, for the gods' sake?" Katie said, exasperated.

"Because if you don't, I have to go on a date with Connor! Connor Stoll!!" Rose hissed.

Katie blinked. Then, she smirked.

"Woah, woah, woah, so you're telling me, that if I don't confess, you get to go on a date with the love of your life?" she said.

"The love of- What!? No!! I need to avoid it!" Rose complained.

"So, if I didn't confess, I'd be doing you a favor," Katie smirked.

Rose stared at her. "No, you wouldn't!! Katie, please!!"

That's when Katie noticed something.

"Hey, why are you wearing a Hermes kid sweater?"

Rose paled. "Uh... I always keep a Hermes sweater handy," she said.

Katie crossed her arms. "Oh, really? Care to elaborate?"

Rose stared blankly at her half-sister.

"You'll never believe me," she said.

"Try me," Katie said, crossing her arms.

Rose paused.

"I'm actually a Hermes kid."

- - -

Finally, after around 2 hours of walking (and teasing) and a close call with an evil automaton, they finally reached the end of the tunnel.

"Oh. Now what?" Travis said, staring at the closed-off wall before them.

"Uh..." Rose said, staring at her camera screen. "The camera says that... well, that the right way is through the wall. This doesn't really make sense."

"Maybe it's another trap," Connor said, begrudgingly rubbing his arm. 

Earlier on, they'd fallen straight into the trap of a bronze automaton and Connor had fallen straight onto his arm. Ambrosia had done its job, but it still hurt.

Katie stepped closer and started patting the closed-off end of the tunnel.

"Wait..." she said. "There's sunlight on the other side."

Travis raised an eyebrow. "What? How do you know? Are you an Apollo kid now?"

Katie rolled her eyes. "No, plants need sunlight and, as a Demeter kid, I can find sunlight. Not as well as the Apollo kids though, of course."