Ch.6: The Greek Triangle.

Rose wasn't in her bed at the inn. She couldn't see anything. All was dark.

"What fresh Hades is this?" she wondered.

Suddenly, a speck of white light appeared in front of her. 

It brightened and expanded until she could see images form around her. 

"So you're telling me they got away from you on a MOVING PLANE!?"

She found herself in what appeared to be a man-made cave, with smooth stone walls lined with torches of bright, red fire. 

At the far end of the cave stood a beautifully carved ebony throne. On it sat a beautiful Empousa. 

She had smooth blue fire hair that looked almost human, running and flickering dangerously down her back.

Her eyes were pits of blue flames. They held inspired terror, and yet, they held much beauty.

In her pale hand, she held a crystal wine glass, with a thick, red liquid that looked so familiar, that Rose could only assume it was human blood. 

No. It was demigod blood.

"I'm sorry, Your Fireness," said the empousa kneeling on the ground, her head low. "They tricked us..."

Rose's eyes widened as she recognized Mei the flight attendant. She was still wearing her dark red and beige uniform. She was half surprised to notice her hat wasn't burning on her flaming hair.

"I care not for your excuses!" the blue fire empousa cried. "I sent four of you on the job! How is it only the weakest of you returns!?"

Mei flinched. Rose almost felt sorry for her.

"If they find our lair, off with your head!" her Fireness shouted, pointing a finger with a very long, pointy blue nail, straight at her. 

Mei whimpered and bent her head even lower. 

"You!" her Fireness said, pointing at en empousa on the side of her throne.

"Yes, Milady?" she said in a soft voice. 

"Bring me another glass of blood," her Fireness ordered, shoving her wine glass into her hands.

"Yes, Milady." The empousa turned away.

"And make sure it's fresh! Get me the blood of that little Hermes girl!"

"Yes, Milady."

Rose's surroundings shifted. Instead, she found herself in a similar cave, but with only two torches with a very feeble glow. 

In the middle of the cave stood a wooden cage. Inside sat a cross-legged figure that Rose immediately recognized. 

The prisoner had dark hair. She wore a white, typically ancient Greek dress and she had two large, folded white angel wings on her back.

She looked straight at Rose with eyes that shined and flickered with every color of the rainbow. 

Iris, Rose thought, but she found herself unable to use her voice.

"Yes, Rose, it is me," Iris said. 

How do we find you? Rose asked in her mind. 

"Follow the Greek Triangle, soldier! You must find the chest!"

What chest!? Rose thought, as loud as she could. 

"The Greek Triangle, soldier!" 

Before Rose could ask again, the image around her shifted again.