𓄇 ¹⁹. lost in the abyss of you

^ tyungs eye color. (amber)

++ the scarab amulet jungkook has gifted Tyung was knowingly symbolic to protection and rebirth. you must be wondering about the reason jungkook gave it to Tyung, and what does it have to do with his feelings for Pharaoh Tyung.

well, the scarab beetle has always been significant in ancient egypt and it has so many meanings. the most profound one being that it's a talisman of protection, jungkook wanted Tyung to know he will be there for him and protect him at all times and just like day one.

also, during mummification process after a person dies, it is know that the deceased internal organs are all retrieved, but only the heart stays there with the body. if you read the previous chapters you will understand why, (the heart of the deceased will be weighted against the feather of ma'at, god of justice in the underworld). in mummification a scarab is put right above the heart of the deceased before enclosing the sarcophagus on them. it is believed that the scarab will protect the heart from every harm.

which brings us to the conclusion, jungkook was telling Tyung that he will protect his heart forever, and obviously, Tyung understood the message. hence why, the flirty Pharaoh wore the talisman the next day, silently letting jungkook know, that he finally, accepts his feelings ;)

__

Cloaked in a long, white see through scarf that veiled his features, Pharaoh Tyung walked the bustling streets of Thebes.

His form free of expensive fabrics only clad in a linen robe. no golden bracelets and chains or rings. his eyes bare of kohl but glinting with quiet pride.

The people around him, consumed in their daily lives, remained blissfully unaware of the royal presence in their midst.

Amidst the market's lively symphony, a vendor's praise caught his ear.

"Our city thrives under an unseen guardian," the vendor exclaimed, admiration evident in his voice. "The blessings of the gods must be upon us."

Pharaoh Tyung's eyes softened with gratitude, though no one noticed the ruler hidden behind the scarf.

He continued his walk, blending seamlessly into the crowd, his anonymity granting him a rare glimpse into the unfiltered sentiments of his people.

A passerby, caught in the flow of the crowd, shared a sentiment aloud.