𓇐⁵. one step closer

In the hushed depths of the night, Jungkook found himself lost in his usual routine. dreaming.

his senses dulled by sleep, yet his mind acutely aware. A sultry, seductive whisper caressed his ear, sending shivers down his spine.

My eternal sun~

the ancient voice murmured, mingled with the distant voices of humming and flute, each word laden with a hypnotic allure that wrapped around his consciousness like a silken thread.

it was a manly voice, rich and husky. but he still got goosebumps. the good kind of goosebumps, the ones that leaves you wanting more.

Jungkook's eyes snapped open in panic, his heart racing, only to find the room drowned in darkness. cold sweat clung to his skin as he realized the sun hadn't yet graced the world with its light.

The sensations of the dream lingered, leaving him with a sense of both longing and unease, as if he had brushed against a realm that was both captivating and perilous.

As he laid there, a profound disquiet settled inside of him, a haunting feeling that the dream held significance beyond the ordinary surface of hallucinations.

The seductive whisper echoed in his mind like a mantra, leaving him with a lingering sense of desire and curiosity, a thirst for understanding the message that had been whispered to him in a language so ancient.

Yet, the pre-dawn stillness outside his window seemed to mock his yearning for answers, and Jungkook was left to grapple with the mysterious happenings that had invaded his dreams, long before the first light of day.

____

Jungkook, Hoseok, and Namjoon, dressed in comfortable yet practical tourist attire, were all set for their journey to the Valley of the Kings.

Jungkook wore khaki pants and a light linen shirt, feeling all casualand comfortable. Hoseok sported a wide-brimmed hat, shielding his face from the Egyptian sun, while Namjoon opted for a light scarf around his neck, adding a touch of style to his ensemble.

As they approached the Valley of the Kings, their excitement was palpable. Jungkook, always the enthusiast, fired off questions to their guide, his tone confident as if he already knew the answers.

"so, the Valley of the Kings, if I'm not wrong which rarely happens when its about this land.. that place served as the burial ground for pharaohs and nobles during the New Kingdom period. correct?"

The guide, impressed by Jungkook's knowledge, nodded appreciatively. "Absolutely, you're right. This valley was chosen for its hidden location, protecting the tombs from tomb robbers. Each tomb was intricately designed, with chambers filled with valuable treasures destined for the deceased to use in the afterlife as well as elaborate hieroglyphic inscriptions, depicting the pharaoh's journey to the afterlife, guiding them."

Namjoon hummed, a thought swirling in his head as the warm air of the desert played with his blond soft locks, "How many tombs have been discovered so far?"

The guide made a sound of approval, "To date, archaeologists have uncovered over 60 tombs in the Valley of the Kings, each with its unique story and artistic marvels. Some, like Tutankhamun's tomb, are world-renowned for their richness and historical significance."

Hoseok inquired in fascination, "What about the curse of the pharaohs? Is there any truth to the legends?"

The guide chuckled, realizing the other meant the string storms and earthquakes that took place years ago. "The so-called 'curse'.." he made quotations with his fingers, his mockery hidden behind the black shades he had on but clearly evident in his tone. "..was a blend of sensationalism and coincidence. Many involved in the excavation did face misfortune, but it was likely due to natural causes rather than any supernatural curse."