(6) The strange boy.

Start from the beginning

Awaiting for my downfall.

My curiosity was to blame, instead of keeping foreword I glanced back slightly, there it was. The orbs of pure darkness peeking at me, it's complexion blended in well with the water and background and could have easily been missed hadn't it been for the silky midnight strands of his hair damped to the skull.

My breath hitched witnessing it in broad daylight, Alien like as it blinks like a reptile and long pointed ears, I couldn't make out any expression. No pupils to indicate where it looked. But this one appeared to be smaller compared to the larger ones that were in my room that day.

It doesn't budge; glaring at me, my bones shake an shrivel with fright Confused as to why it never ducked or hid from my eyes. I couldn't move, suddenly it moved closer and I wanted to scream.

Inconspicuously gliding my legs foreword on the rock, the blood running through my veins turned cold seeing it noticing my movements and halted before ducking down, disappearing quickly from sight.

With not a second to spare I launched myself onto the rocks landing roughly on my knees, the sharp rocks pierce into the thick of my skin but that meant nothing compared to the real danger lurking within arms reach of me.

The sound of a splash right behind me made me freeze, it couldn't come on land could it? No time to question, I winced deeply to the pain shooting through my ankles, the tears spilling blur my vision, I don't even know where was I heading to as long as it's away from the water. Limping away as fast as I can until my head was filled with a song, a haunting melody of a sweet choir.

All my senses shut down leaving me a mindless zombie to the serenity. That tune, that song, the spell it was working on me, the same tune that brought that lady to her demise. I was correct again, they couldn't come on land and thus use their songs to lure one to the sea.

The story about pirates never made sense to me until now, no matter how much I wanted to flee the only thing I can think about was getting closer to the ocean. The sudden wind broke through the chords of the voice breaking off the melody in my head, furiously I blink until I come in tune with my surroundings; my knees have disappeared under the water, it all happened so fast.

With no time to spare I am using my strenght to at least climb onto the rocks near me. My mini grip latched on for dear life while using my legs to push myself upwards.

What started off as a success was about to end in misery or death, the foot with the broken ankle numbed out, when I thought I had a good grip I slipped bringing down my entire weight with it. Gravity couldn't save me and I was tumbling down. Life was escaping me quickly and I thought I was ready to join my mother.

My eyes than peeled open at a soft wet feel, I lay on something cold. I was still in the air? somehow levitating. I try not to move, whatever I layed on didnt feel solid until I was slowly being brought down, back on land. Water? my hair dampened while I glared at the wet rocks, wincing deeply as I adjusted myself to sit. I was alive, the water saved me? water couldn't do that on it's own, has my mother been sent by our Heavenly Father to save me?

All My questions answered when I glanced down to the water, there it was again, the eyes of pure darkness peeking through me halfway above. My breath hitches violently trying to regulate my heartbeat as it swam closer and closer to me, I Caught sight of a large tail behind gently slicing through the water.

With the ramming of my heartbeat my strength was depleting faster and faster, all I could do is lean my body back pressing into the sharp pebbles of the ground.

"Pl-please don't hurt me." A single tear glided down my face, it paused its movement cocking its head sideways, a somewhat question like gesture. Unsure of what I am And what I'm saying.