Super Saiyan 3

Other names:超スーパーサイヤ人じん3スリー,Sūpā Saiya-jin Surī,SS3,Ultra Super Saiyan,Super Saiyajin 3,SSJ3,
Super Gotenks,Super Saiyan Level 3,
Mega Super Saiyan,Ultimate Form

Inventor:Goku
Users:Goku/Xeno Goku/Unnumbered Goku,Gotenks/Xeno Gotenks,Vegeta/Xeno Vegeta,Broly,Gogeta/Xeno Gogeta,Vegito/Xeno Vegito,Bardock/Xeno Bardock,Future Trunks/Trunks/Xeno Trunks,Cumber,Raditz,Future Gohan/Gohan/Xeno Gohan,Nappa, Xeno Gohanks,ace,Ultra Fusion,
Freeform Fusions,Shallot,Beat,Note

Oc users:Brockton Lincoln,money king,bill Henderson,queen alicia,king vinus,Future Majin Vegeta,Yasin yellow,Kai Kroly,kaian freezin,Goku prime

Information:is the third form of Super Saiyan and the successor to the second transformation. This form extracts every drop of potential from a Saiyan's blood. Goku was the first to achieve the form and was able to do so after several years of vigorous training in Other World. Gotenks later achieves this form through the power of Trunks and Goten's fusion, Gotenks and with Goku's example.

Akira Toriyama stated in the Saikyō Jump's June 2014 interview that Super Saiyan 2 and 3 are nothing more than powered up variants of Super Saiyan and that mastering Super Saiyan could increase its power beyond that of Super Saiyan 2 and 3 while draining less energy.|This form of Super Saiyan is achievable by a Saiyan who has already obtained the Super Saiyan 2 form and then trains intensely. Notably,it appears that this form can only be achieved under out- of-the-norm circumstances as Goku achieved the form while dead and while Goten and Trunks could not attain the form,their fusion Gotenks was able to.

Where the fourth stage of Super Saiyan's purpose was 100% utilization of physical stamina,the purpose of the Super Saiyan 3 transformation is to increase the utilization of ki, and as a result,the transformation consumes far more energy than even Super Saiyan 2. This notably leads to extended levels of fatigue,even long after powering down. If the user has died and is not encumbered by a living body,this strain is reduced somewhat and additional energy depletion is minimized (such as in Goku's case during his first fight with Majin Buu). The difference between Super Saiyan 3 and Super Saiyan 2, its predecessor,is immediately noticeable as speed,strength and endurance are all pushed far beyond the normal limits. The sudden awakening of Super Saiyan 3 is such a violent explosion of power that the user could potentially obliterate themselves. A Super Saiyan 3 can easily beat opponents that a Super Saiyan 2 couldn't handle.

The first time that Goku used this form on Earth,the tremendous force of the transformation caused the clouds to gravitate towards him. Its power caused massive tidal waves and hurricane forces and nearly shook the planet apart. During subsequent transformations, Goku seemingly controlled it enough to prevent such dangerous side effects. In addition,this power could be sensed even as far as the distance between Earth and Sacred World of the Kai,something that not only shocked Shin,Kibito and Gohan but worried them as well.|However with the enormous power,there are some very serious setbacks stemming from the rapid use of ki energy. When the temporally revived Goku showed Babidi and Majin Buu the form,he cut his remaining temporal revival energy in half, and in the anime, when he shows his power to the excited Trunks and Goten,his energy was completely dissipated, forcing him to return to the Other World. It was stated by Piccolo however that Dende's healing ability would've made Goku's revival energy return to normal. But Goku refutes this statement.

Likewise, when the now fully living Super Saiyan 3 Goku attempted to regain energy while Vegeta and Mr. Satan distracted Kid Buu, he was unable to do so,draining his power completely and leaving him in a weakened normal state where he could not even control the Super Spirit Bomb. Goku acknowledged that he had little experience with the transformation,with his fight with Kid Buu being the first time he used it in a full fight with a living body. Performing it twice in a short time brought him to his knees and expended all of his remaining energy (in the manga he does not revert to his original form until after Vegeta intervenes to buy him the minute that he needed however). The fused Gotenks was not able to maintain the transformation for very long either, reverting to his base form after substantially less than thirty minutes transformed. In the case of older Saiyans such as Nappa,usage of the form can even prove to be lethal to the user due to the stress imposed as a result of the massive power gain, compounded with any battle damage received by that time.