Eight, Always An Angel, Never A God

Start from the beginning

Estelle looked around, but thankfully she saw no one she recognised. Except for Jeff, but he was leaning against his car, having Tim taking pictures of him. Jeff's eyes travelled to Estelle and she saw him say something to Tim. Tim turned around, nodding, speeding towards her with some papers in his hand.

"Just the redhead I was looking for," Tim smiled innocently as he came to a halt in front of her. He handed Estelle the set of papers. "I would appreciate it if you could hang these up all around school. They're for the big game."

Estelle took the big pile of posters in her arms. Jeff was flexing his —non-existent— muscles, he had no shirt on. In bold, red letters stood the text "Get horny!" in the center of the poster. Estelle felt the secondhand embarrassment for her brother, but everyone seemed to be super enthusiastic about it.

"Of course, Tim," Estelle replied sarcastically. She smiled to add to the sarcastic effect. Yet Tim still had no knowledge of it being sarcasm. "Anything else?"

"Maybe throw them in a few lockers. That always does the trick." He instructed. "Thanks a lot, E-Man."

            Estelle smiled wryly as he turned his back at her. "Of course, Tim, do I need to polish your shoes also, or do you have someone else for that?" She muttered to herself bitterly, going inside the school. Luckily, Estelle's first two periods were free periods and she had plenty of time to spread the posters everywhere.

            She was going to need that time with the amount of paper Tim had given her. She was sure it was the equivalent of an entire tree.

════ ⋆★⋆ ════

Taking a big sigh, Estelle finally hung the last poster on the big, red clipboard in the hallway. At last. And just in time, it seemed, because PJ's boisterous voice came towards her.

PJ and Josie had risen on the social pyramid rather quickly. They went from the ugly, untalented gays to people everyone knew and liked in a couple of weeks. All because of the fight club. Estelle turned her head towards them. Josie and PJ were high fiving their way through the halls. They even received high fives from rugby players and cheerleaders. Hazel draped after them.

Estelle's eyes lingered on the short-haired brunette. Since it was warmer, Hazel had put on a white tank top that showed its fair share of cleavage, with what looked to Estelle like a green shorts bra sticking out from under it. It was a completely new look for her, as she usually wore clothes two sizes too big for her.

"No, if we keep it up, we can put our fingers inside of each other. Grow up," PJ was just saying. She was facing Hazel, which told Estelle she was blowing her off again.

Estelle jogged behind them, stopping next to Hazel. She put a hand on her shoulder to let her know she was there. Hazel's head turned in one swift movement, but her expression was not what Estelle had expected. In her eyes suddenly flashed a form of pain, targeted at the redhead.

Estelle's eyebrows furrowed, but Hazel turned back to PJ. She tried her best to ignore the confused girl beside her. "You know, PJ, I feel like people are actually liking more than just the hitting and the tackling part of the club." She continued to say.

PJ didn't turn around, so she wasn't aware of Estelle's presence. "Yeah, I know. We're empowering them. Duh."