Chapter 23

Taehyung served them breakfast, and Mrs. Jeon wasn't in the mood to eat after her son's denial. However, seeing Taehyung whining about their health and blackmailing with concerns for Jungkook's well-being, he managed to persuade them to eat. He reminded them that their own health was essential to taking care of Jungkook.

After they had finished their breakfast, Taehyung tidied the tiffin and separated it from the one that had Jungkook's food,

While Jungkook silently observed the raven-haired boy, who was engrossed in his work, he wanted to talk to him. However, it seemed like fate had other plans as the boy was about to took his leave.

"I think I should leave now," Taehyung said, bowing a bit towards the couple. He was about to turn when Mr. Jeon spoke, "Taehyung, can you please stay here? We are stinking and want to freshen up." The face of the boy laying in the bed lit up as he heard the words. Yes, his father, for the first time in his life, was doing something right.

"Mm, yes! Taehyung can you please stay?" Mrs. Jeon asked, and he hesitantly nodded, saying, "Ma'am, you don't have to 'please' me. Of course, I will stay with the young master." Without his knowing, his cold voice pierced someone's soul for a moment, but the prospect of having him alone for himself was too enticing to notice it.

Mrs. Jeon smiled at the obedient kid while Mr. Jeon patted his head, taking the raven-haired male off guard. 'May God keep you happy all your life,' Mr. Jeon said. Hearing this, the eyes of all the members present in the room widened, and a tear almost reached the corners of Taehyung's eyes. Mr. Jeon blessed him, and a person needs blessings more than anything because there are a lot of people in the world who will taunt us or say things to us, but there are just a few who will pray for us. We should respect them

"Can you please take these tiffins with you? And please take some rest. You are looking so tired. And don't worry, I'm here to look after young master. And I'll inform you if anything happens," Taehyung said politely and assured Mr. and Mrs. Jeon

They nodded, and Mrs. Jeon took the tiffin in her hands, surprising Mr. Jeon. Mrs. Jeon knew that Taehyung would take care of everything, as he had done yesterday, which is why she felt relieved to leave. The couple took their leave, and the room filled with an awkward silence. Both of them were nervous. One of them wanted to talk to the other but didn't know how, while the raven-haired person felt nervous and didn't want to discuss 'that day' for now

"H-how are you?" Jungkook hesitantly said. Taehyung straightened his posture and voiced out, "I should be the one asking you this question." His voice came out with a hint of coldness, making Jungkook assume that the raven-haired man was still mad at him. Jungkook felt an ugly feeling in his stomach and started to feel anxious.

"Taehyung i-" before the male could utter more the raven haired boy cutted him off

"You should have your breakfast" he said nonchalantly

Jungkook looked at him with Bambi shiny eyes, he don't want to make the other more angry so he nodded pouting

Taehyung got up from his sitting position and started to open the tiffins saying "Good. You shouldn't skip your meal. It's unhealthy for you and you are already not well, it can be more worse." Taehyung said gently and Jungkook can't deny that the ugly feeling disappeared after hearing the soft and velvety voice. He nodded and Taehyung went towards him with the bowl of soup in his hand.

He put the bowl on the table in front of Jungkook, who pouted a little and said, 'My hands are occupied by drips. I can't eat like this.' Taehyung gulped and began to think about the solution to this problem

"Anyways. Ho-how are you f-feeling now?" Taehyung shuttered a little. Jungkook nodded and said, "better."

"What should we do then?" Taehyung mumbled. "Y-you can feed me," Jungkook said with hopeful tone and looked away as soon as taehyung looked at him. He think for sometime, then hesitantly took the bowl in his hand.

He began to feed Jungkook, who was quietly enjoying it. Jungkook couldn't help but notice how the raven-haired male was blowing on the spoon before feeding him a spoonful of soup. It was unhygienic, but the man lying on the bed was still enjoying it. After feeding him, Taehyung brought a wet towel from the bathroom. He cleaned Jungkook's face with it, and Jungkook felt an itching sensation because of the wet face.

Taehyung was looking for a tissue box to wipe Jungkook's face when he felt him grabbing the hem of his shirt and wiping his face. The raven-haired individual was bewildered by Jungkook's gesture, and his mouth was wide open in shock

"Why did you do this? I was looking for a tissue to wipe your face. There might be germs on my shirt, and you might have gotten scratches because of the rough fabric, and you are already sick," Taehyung scolded him softly, making Jungkook smile at his caring side.

"I'm not a fragile baby," Jungkook said with a pout. "Yes, you are!" Taehyung said with a playful flow and quickly put his hand on his own mouth while Jungkook tried to control his smile that was about to break on his face.

"How can you call me a baby when, between us, you're the real one?" Taehyung felt offended by the other person's remark; he was anything but a fragile baby.

"How can you say I am a baby huh" Taehyung asked feeling offended

"Believe me, you are, because a baby can ignore an important conversation and brush it aside when all we need is to behave like adults and have a conversation for a healthy relationship," Jungkook said, blurting out what was on his mind to make the other understand that they needed to discuss yesterday.

Taehyung gulped upon hearing the words. He also wanted to have a talk, but this wasn't the time. Deep down, he feared the words Jungkook would tell him. He didn't want to hear that he was just a mere maid and didn't have a certain place in someone's life and he shouldn't be angry with him for anything, but right now he just couldn't bear to hear it.