Introduction

I never knew you were the someone waiting for me

Cause we were just kids when we fell in love

Not knowing what it was

I will not give you up this time

***

Just a story about how you sometimes find love in the person you least expected, and yet it makes so much sense, you end up wondering why it took you so long...

In other words, the story of Shubman and Ishan's journey from best friends to lovers.

***

Shubman Gill and Ishan Kishan have always been best friends. Always. Neither can even remember a time they weren't best friends. As a result, for anyone either of them are dating, they come as a package deal.

Aditi Hundia started out dating Ishan. She accepted that Shubman came free with her boyfriend. She even adored him like a brother, and it was all fine.

Years later, a question comes to her mind.

A question relating to priorities.

Aditi's process of realizations sparks those of Ishan's and Shubman's, and life takes them to a destination very far from what they'd expected.

But then, that's life.

***

You gotta make your own kind of music

Sing your own special song

Make your own kind of music

Even if nobody else sings along

***

A/N: Confession is I don't have a very clear idea of how to go about this story but I ship ShubIsh so much now, I had to write something on them.

bleedblue2011 and indotaekook here you go. Mine certainly won't be as good as those of shubman_writes but I figured it won't hurt to give it a try!