The Mysterious Shadow

Start from the beginning

"Okay. I guess that's payback for the other time I've teased you," she laughed, "I'm not Cyrus Borg or anything...but I thought I knew a thing or two about engineering. Sora though, she's on a whole other level."

"She sure seems like it. Considering my wife talking greatly of her," Cole said.

We heard Jiro roar in pain, "Jiro!" Nya followed the noise making us follow her.

"Stay close to us, Adam, okay? If we're too busy fighting—" Cole was interrupted by our son, "I know, I know! Run away or take cover. You told me the same thing for at least 3 years in a row, Dad!"

"Heh, I guess I have," my husband lightly chuckled.

We saw Jiro getting attacked by the Imperium drones, "What are those things?" Cole asked us.

"No! Jiro!" Adam yelled in worry at the dragon being attacked.

"Imperium Drones! How does the Empress know we're here?!" Nya asked in slight urgency.

"What Empress?" Cole asked again, "Someone that has kidnapped me once..." I informed.

"But we have no time, just trust me and (Y/N)! We gotta stop those things, quick!" Nya told Cole before the three of us prepared to do Spinjitzu, "Ninja—woah!"

The ground shook as we saw the Hoader behind us, "I don't think we're going anywhere..." Cole muttered.

The Hoarder roared making Adam take cover behind me and Cole, "It rebuilt a new hand?!" Cole asked in shock before it went to attack us with its new hand.

I grabbed Adam and jumped away from being crushed, "You help Jiro, Nya! I can distract the Hoarder," Cole advised the Water Ninja.

"Got it!" Nya put on her hood before she went ahead to help Jiro.

"Angel, get Adam to safety," I gave a nod to his words, "Right. Come on, Adam."

"No, Dad! I don't wanna leave you alone...!" Adam reached for Cole.

He gave one last hug and kiss to his son before leaving, "I know, Ad. But your dad's gotta stop the Hoarder, okay? I'll be back. Stay with your mother!"

Adam looked at me with doe eyes, worried about his father, "Momma? Is Dad going to be okay?"

"He'll be fine, sweetie. Remember how strong you're dad was when he lifted that crate? He's more than skilled enough to take care of the Hoarder. Now, come on!" I gave a reassuring smile to Adam before I put my hood on and ran away from the danger.

I found a small junk-made shelter where I could hide Adam in the meantime.

I gently placed him in the small shelter, "We'll be right back, okay?" I kissed his forehead before pulling down my hood.

"Okay! Be safe, Momma!" He called out to me while I ran back to help my husband and Nya.

"Ooh!~ He's SO cute!" I squealed to myself.

I dodged one of the Hoarder's legs and used my Light powers to control some ports of the Hoarder. Cole was able to gather some rocks and throw some at the Hoarder pushing it back.

But it wasn't enough to completely defeat it, Cole got the opportunity to run up one of the Hoarder's arms and do Spinjitzu to kick it.

I ran up the other way and hit it with my spear. But of course, it deflected it, "Oh come on! That was my matching weapon with, Nya!" I whined before doing Spinjitzu to kick it away from Cole and me.